Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Dorst 53 posts 215 karma points
    Nov 20, 2017 @ 09:44
    Mike Dorst

Failed to download package

Hello,

Whenever I try to download and install /any/ package it gives the following error:

Failed to download package with guid xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx (ref img)

failed download

The guid ID is different with every package but that works how it's suppose to.

Everything has been checked already, folder permissions, server permissions etc etc. Install local packages doesn't work either, nothing happens when the file gets dragged in the box.

I am using umbraco version 7.5.3. What's wrong? Why doesn't this work.

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2017 @ 09:49
    Ben Palmer

Hi Mike,

Is there anything in your log files that gives more information - ~/App_Data/logs?

Nov 20, 2017 @ 09:53
    Mike Dorst

That's the funny thing, it says "see log for full details" but there's nothing regarding the packages.

Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:19
    Mike Dorst

Anyone?

Nov 22, 2017 @ 08:53
    Mike Dorst

Updated to latest version, still having the same issue.

• Georgs Bormanis 25 posts 122 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 22, 2017 @ 12:56
    Georgs Bormanis

Hey Mike, that sounds very strange. Regarding this

nothing happens when the file gets dragged in the box.

Could you tell me which browser are you using and which package are you trying to install?

This may not be the case but it's worth checking - Can you go to App_Data\packages\installed\ and show me how the installedPackages.config file looks like?

Cheers, Georgs

Nov 22, 2017 @ 13:09
    Mike Dorst

Hey, I did some more digging into this myself. Here is the log with a possible error.

2017-11-20 10:31:42,176 [P3920/D3/T114] ERROR umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer - Error importing file E:\inetpub\wwwroot_dev\cos.it-workz.nl\test.cos.it-workz.nl\App_Data\packages\cd44cf39-3d71-4c19-b6ee-948e1faf0525.umb
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131401)
       at System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName)
       at Umbraco.Core.Packaging.PackageBinaryInspector.ScanAssembliesForTypeReference[T](String dllPath, String[]& errorReport)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String inputFile, Boolean deleteFile)
     2017-11-20 10:32:11,192 [P3920/D3/T10] WARN  Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - Status code is 404 yet TrySkipIisCustomErrors is false - IIS will take over.
     2017-11-20 10:32:11,739 [P3920/D3/T33] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController
     2017-11-20 10:32:11,739 [P3920/D3/T33] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 0 (took 0ms)
     2017-11-20 10:32:15,208 [P3920/D3/T33] ERROR umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer - Error importing file E:\inetpub\wwwroot_dev\cos.it-workz.nl\test.cos.it-workz.nl\App_Data\packages\154a0da6-6e3a-4393-bbf5-323a04a8ce95.umb
    System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

It is unable to import the .umb file? Funny thing is, when I look in the app_data folder it shows me alllll the packages I tried to install (ref img)

enter image description here (Ignore dates, the folder was copied to me yesterday)

The installedPackages.config file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <packages>
      <package id="1" version="1.1" url="https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/fontawesome-icons-dropdown/" name="Font Awesome Icons Dropdown" folder="f7d9c606-b394-4336-ab1c-3c0215efaa97" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" packageGuid="c1b33379-837a-4d1a-951e-67d48d815494" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <license url="http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT">MIT License</license>
        <author url="https://our.umbraco.org/member/149985">Christopher Pascual</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[This is a dropdown box loaded with font awesome icons, in case someone needs it.

The labels are unicode , while the values are the class name.

This Project and the Developer is not connected in anyway with the Font-Awesome Team.

No copyright infringement intended , if this package violates any law , please reach me
    at : [email protected] to take anything offline.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>1076</datatypes>
        <content nodeId="" loadChildNodes="False">
        </content>
        <templates>
        </templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>
        </documenttypes>
        <macros>
        </macros>
        <files>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/FontAwesomeIconsDD.controller.js</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/FontAwesomeIconsDD.html</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/package.manifest</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.css</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/FontAwesome.otf</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>
        </dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
      <package id="3" version="1.2" url="http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ezSearch" name="ezSearch" folder="52095e3b-cabf-40db-aeca-d245e64f824a" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" iconUrl="" umbVersion="7.5.3" packageGuid="85c23661-b3e9-4eff-a73c-964956ad40f9" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <license url="http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT">MIT license</license>
        <author url="http://our.umbraco.org">Matt Brailsford, Douglas Robar</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[ezSearch is the easy search solution for your Umbraco MVC websites. It's fast, self contained and completely configurable.

With ezSearch you can search for words and phrases in your content and media and have the results displayed in a paged list sorted by relevance and with search term highlighting.

ezSearch runs on Umbraco 6.0.4+ and is powered by the built in Lucene index and razor, giving you a fast yet flexible site search package.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>
        </datatypes>
        </content>
        <templates>1235</templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>1236</documenttypes>
        <macros>5</macros>
        <files>
          <file>/App_Code/ezSearchBoostrapper.cs</file>
          <file>/bin/Our.Umbraco.ezSearch.dll</file>
          <file>/Views/MacroPartials/ezSearch.cshtml</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>13,14,15,16,17,18,19</dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
      <package id="4" version="1.2" url="https://github.com/ccasalicchio/UmbracoPackages/tree/master/Default.Value" name="Default Value" folder="4c3de1b2-7c0d-403c-b9f0-08fc0b1468cb" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" iconUrl="" umbVersion="7.5.3" packageGuid="15c335fc-f7b3-474f-b31d-b80fc6a93911" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <author url="http://www.ccasalicchio.com">Carlos Casalicchio</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[Default Value Property Editor for Umbraco 7.4.3+

Creates a Data Type with a Default Value (used for properties that cannot be modified)

This was useful for a project that implements the schema.org types, so each page (article, news, foto) has a default value (Article, newsArticle, Photograph) that may be overridden by another schema.org object type, but if the user does not override anything, the default is used. Therefore, the default cannot be changed.

There can be plenty of other reasons to add a "cannot be modified" property to a document, so the package is now public.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>
        </datatypes>
        </content>
        <templates>
        </templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>
        </documenttypes>
        <macros>
        </macros>
        <files>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/LICENSE</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/package.manifest</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/README.md</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/css/style.css</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/js/controller.js</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/Default.Value/views/view.html</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>
        </dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
      <package id="5" version="1.4" url="https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/fontawesome-icons-dropdown/" name="Font Awesome Icons Dropdown" folder="8907d144-e09e-42c8-a4d1-1845e231a952" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" iconUrl="" umbVersion="7.5.3" packageGuid="3440e98e-2307-431b-a8bd-1bca2c896b7d" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <author url="https://github.com/chrisadipascual">Christopher Adi Pascual</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[This is a simple dropdown box loaded with font awesome icons.
    The labels are unicode , while the values are the class name.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>1641</datatypes>
        </content>
        <templates>
        </templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>
        </documenttypes>
        <macros>
        </macros>
        <files>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/FontAwesomeIconsDD.controller.js</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/FontAwesomeIconsDD.html</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/package.manifest</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2</file>
          <file>/App_Plugins/FontAwesomeIconsDD/assets/font-awesome/fonts/FontAwesome.otf</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>
        </dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
      <package id="6" version="3.1.1" url="http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/config-tree" name="Config Tree" folder="fe7fb7bf-57ac-4759-9586-fadaa5953f19" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" iconUrl="" umbVersion="7.7.6" packageGuid="a2c29dd0-86ab-4ff4-bb43-6e35788a82bb" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <author url="http://our.umbraco.org/">Tim Geyssens, Lee Kelleher</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[Add an extra tree to the developer section, called "Config Files".
    This lists all the config files, including in sub-folders, to be edited.

In this version the Web.config is also available to edit.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>
        </datatypes>
        </content>
        <templates>
        </templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>
        </documenttypes>
        <macros>
        </macros>
        <files>
          <file>/bin/Our.Umbraco.Tree.Config.dll</file>
          <file>/umbraco/developer/Config/config.gif</file>
          <file>/umbraco/developer/Config/editConfigFile.aspx</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>
        </dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
      <package id="7" version="3.11" url="http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker" name="Url Tracker" folder="4751ffb4-b114-4211-b864-18a790c543a2" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" iconUrl="" umbVersion="7.7.6" packageGuid="d83c6ff7-cfd5-47d1-a29a-37886319dffc" hasUpdate="False" enableSkins="False" skinRepoGuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">
        <author url="http://www.infocaster.net/">Stefan Kip</author>
        <readme><![CDATA[Please visit http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker for the readme.]]></readme>
        <actions>
        </actions>
        <datatypes>
        </datatypes>
        </content>
        <templates>
        </templates>
        <stylesheets>
        </stylesheets>
        <documenttypes>
        </documenttypes>
        <macros>
        </macros>
        <files>
          <file>/bin/InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.dll</file>
          <file>/bin/InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.pdb</file>
        </files>
        <languages>
        </languages>
        <dictionaryitems>
        </dictionaryitems>
        <loadcontrol>
        </loadcontrol>
      </package>
    </packages>

It happens with every package I try to install. We triple checked the permissions already.

Note: I was able to install packages in localhost, there must be a server sides issue?

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Nov 22, 2017 @ 13:39
    MuirisOG

Have you tried to download the package separately and install it manually (remembering, of course, to unblock the file first before unzipping)?

Or, for the failed attempts, have you completely uninstalled them before attempting again?

(EDIT: sorry... you don't need to unzip it, just unblock it)

Nov 22, 2017 @ 13:51
    Mike Dorst

I have no idea how to install the packages manually by unzipping them so I haven't tried that.

For uninstalling, I have removed the folders and tried again. I could remove all those guid folders in app_data and try again?

Nov 22, 2017 @ 15:51
    MuirisOG

Oops, sorry, you don't need to unzip them.

Just unblock the file and select "Install local" in the back office.

Some packages put files in the /bin folder, the /app_data folder, and the /app_plugins folder, and maybe the /Config and /Views folders, and others update the trees.config and the dashboard.config files, and the /app_data/packages/installed/installedPackages.config file.

The installedPackages.config file may actually tell you where everything is after installation.

If you have used the package, you may have files in the /app_data folder that you don't want to lose, so maybe back that one up.

I know you have said this, but you could just check that you have you given the application pool the correct permissions?

Nov 23, 2017 @ 07:43
    Mike Dorst

Hey,

When I unblock the package and try to install it manually I still get an error.

enter image description here

I'm sitting with someone who has access to the server today to try and fix the problem.

Nov 23, 2017 @ 13:05
    Mike Dorst

Still not working. We're using windows server 2008 in case that might help. There are other umbraco website running on it with earlier versions (v4) which have packages installed so it must've worked in the past.

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Nov 23, 2017 @ 19:54
    Matthew Wise

Are the server folder and file permissions setup correctly? https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/Permissions

Matt

Nov 23, 2017 @ 19:57
    Georgs Bormanis

Have you tried to install tha package on new, clean Umbraco installation?

Nov 24, 2017 @ 10:28
    MuirisOG

I'd suggest having another look at the log file in the App_Data/Logs folder.

Maybe look at the server Event log too.

Which package are you trying to install?

Nov 27, 2017 @ 07:35
    Mike Dorst

@Matthew - Yes they are. @Georgs - They install fine on localhost, same umbraco installation @MuririsOG - We looked at both multiple times and the package is literally any, it errors with all of them.

Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:43
    MuirisOG

Mike

you haven't got a dodgy web.config in any of the sub-folders by any chance which might be restricting access?

I'm at a loss really. I had multiple issues when I tried installing some packages, but our firewall caused a lot of these (which is why I suggested downloading the zip file), and permissions caused the rest, not least with regards to writing to the installedPackages.config.

Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:58
    Mike Dorst

Thanks for trying to help. I think it's just easier to copy the folder form the server, put it on localhost, install the packages and then upload it again. The website is not live yet anyway.

Nov 27, 2017 @ 13:02
    Georgs Bormanis

It's super strange Mike and I'm kinda running out of ideas here. It might be that you have some firewall that is causing this. If you go with uploading and downloading stuff manually make sure you coppy all the files that package includes.

• Darrel 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 22:46
    Darrel

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same "Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances." problem when I try to install a package locally (any package).

Running Umbraco 7.7.8 (new install) on .net 4.5.1.

I've searched everywhere and tried everything I could think of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 11, 2018 @ 07:47
    Mike Dorst

Hey, I actually came across the same issue on another server and another umbraco installation of mine.

I might've came across the problem, does your server have SCOM? A microsoft server monitoring software?

Jan 11, 2018 @ 15:01
    Darrel

Yeah, we're running it.

Jan 11, 2018 @ 16:07
    Mike Dorst

I have not yet tried this method because there are more applications running on the server and I do not have the right authorization to re-install but check out this blog in regards to SCOM. Let me know if it works!

http://blog.bugrapostaci.com/2017/02/08/loading-this-assembly-would-produce-a-different-grant-set-from-other-instances-exception-from-hresult-0x80131401/

• Thomas 6 posts 87 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2018 @ 10:25
    Thomas

Hi,

We had the same issue and after removing SCOM it worked! Thanks a lot!

As we need SCOM for monitoring we found that you can install SCOM manually : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-deploy-windows-agent-manually?view=sc-om-1801

We used the following command:

%WinDir%\System32\msiexec.exe /i path\Directory\MOMAgent.msi /qn USE_SETTINGS_FROM_AD={0|1} USE_MANUALLY_SPECIFIED_SETTINGS={0|1} MANAGEMENT_GROUP=MGname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_DNS=MSname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_AD_NAME =MSname SECURE_PORT=PortNumber ACTIONS_USE_COMPUTER_ACCOUNT={0|1} ACTIONSUSER=UserName ACTIONSDOMAIN=DomainName ACTIONSPASSWORD=Password AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1 NOAPM=1

The NOAPM option installs the Operations Manager agent without .NET Application Performance Monitoring. It seems this this .NET Application Performance Monitoring install something which is not compatible with Umbraco.

Hope this will help somebody,

Jan 11, 2018 @ 18:36
    Darrel

Huzzah!!!

We uninstalled SCOM, and now we can install packages!

Thank you so much for your help Mike! I spent 3 days banging my head against a wall.

I intend on reinstalling SCOM with the work around described in that link, I'll report back if that was successful (at the moment, I have some pressing issues to get done before I turn SCOM back on).

Thank you so much! <3

Yes!

Jan 11, 2018 @ 21:50
    Mike Dorst

Let me know what it does if you install it with the workaround! I'm interested to know.

• Sean Sachen 31 posts 77 karma points
    Feb 04, 2019 @ 19:24
    Sean Sachen

I am also having this issue but we do not have SCOM installed. We have, however, just updated the server to disable TLS 1.0 and weak ciphers to be PCI compliant. Since that change, we aren't able to add new packages from the gallery or via local. We have the same messages that were noted above. I see this in the tracelog file: Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.ConnectionException: An error occuring downloading the package from https://our.umbraco.com/webapi/packages/v1/7099e93b-bb52-426f-a052-7e399c889406?version=7.13.1&includeHidden=true&asFile=true ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm at System.Net.SSPIWrapper.AcquireCredentialsHandle(SSPIInterface SecModule, String package, CredentialUse intent, SecureCredential scc) at System.Net.Security.SecureChannel.AcquireCredentialsHandle(CredentialUse credUsage, SecureCredential& secureCredential) at System.Net.Security.SecureChannel.AcquireClientCredentials(Byte[]& thumbPrint) at System.Net.Security.SecureChannel.GenerateToken(Byte[] input, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Byte[]& output) at System.Net.Security.SecureChannel.NextMessage(Byte[] incoming, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result) at System.Net.TlsStream.BeginWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.FetchPackageFile(Guid packageId, Version umbracoVersion, Int32 userId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.FetchPackageFile(Guid packageId, Version umbracoVersion, Int32 userId) at Umbraco.Web.Editors.PackageInstallController.Fetch(String packageGuid) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

Feb 05, 2019 @ 13:28
    Sean Sachen

Turns out that you can force the server to use TLS 1.1/1.2 by updating the registry. I used this link as the resource and, once the changes were made and the server was rebooted, I was able to download and install packages from the gallery again.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/EnterpriseCustomers/MaintenanceandOperations/%28.NET%29EnableSSLProtocolsforyourIntegrations-TLS1.1andTLS_1.2

Hope this helps.

Sean

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2019 @ 13:30
    Matthew Wise

Instead of editing the registry you can just tell your site to default to TLS 1.2 by either installing - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/codesharetls12umbraco/ or using the code from it

Matt

Feb 05, 2019 @ 13:54
    Sean Sachen

I did find that plugin but the drawback there is that you have to remember to install it for every Umbraco instance created on the server. We have several instances from v4x to the current version, with new instances being created all the time, and the same developer is not responsible for setting up all of them, so the registry route was better for our setup.

Sean

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft