Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 8 posts 110 karma points
    Apr 14, 2017 @ 13:26
    Mark

Duplicate Local Umbraco Installation

Hi,

I'm running a local version of Umbraco 7 (via WebMatrix) and all is going well. However my staging version was removed recently and now I need to duplicate my dev version and turn it into the new staging version.

I need to duplicate so all references and ID's are the same. I have tried creating a new install from WebMatrix and copying the files into it and I've tried duplicating the folder in Explorer and then opening it via WebMatrix.

Both ways give me the same error. I can login to the new staging version via localhost and see files etc but whenever I try and view the site I get a: The view found at '~/Views/SOMEWHERE.cshtml' was not created.

Things I've tried:

1. Deleting most files from the TEMP folder and restarting - no change
    2. Deleting umbraco.config, restarting - no change
    3. Republished entire site
    4. Edited pages and republished

I've looked in the database and through the config files but can't find any reference to the previous physical location so don't know what it's trying to find, the views are there.

• Anthony 28 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 14, 2017 @ 21:30
    Anthony

Hi Mark.

It sounds like your database maybe out of sync on the staging server. Deleting the Temp folder, umbraco.config or republishing the site are all good ideas but the database has to be up to speed for them to work.

Presuming you can login to the Umbraco backend: have you tried exporting a package from the dev environment and re-importing them on the staging environment? You'll find the option under Settings>Packages>...>Create and from there you'll be able to export Content, Document Types, Templates, Data Types and Style sheets.

The database needs to know about the template (views) and how they're wired up to the document templates and datatypes. Sometimes it can be easier to do a database copy and upload all the files, that way you wouldn't need to export\import the datatypes using a package.

If you can't login to the Umbraco backend it may be best to clear it down and start again, either with a fresh Umbraco install or with a duplicate file-set and database.

Hope this helps.

• Mark 8 posts 110 karma points
    Apr 15, 2017 @ 17:50
    Mark

Why does the forum say there's a reply but there doesn't appear to be anything here?

• Roger Jarl 22 posts 115 karma points
    May 08, 2017 @ 12:51
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft