Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DonZalmrol 220 posts 833 karma points
    Apr 05, 2017 @ 08:59
    DonZalmrol

IIS8 application pool 32B causing homepage not found (view invalidated)

Hi all,

Strange issue, for a plugin that I'm using I need to set my application pool in IIS8 to 32Bit enabled. When I do this the homepage of my site stops working and I receive a page not found.

In the logs I see the following message occuring and have no idea why this works on 64Bits and not on 32Bits.

Seems that the system (Umbraco?) invalidates my homepage and is returning a view not found error.

Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

Laurens

Log:

System.InvalidOperationException: The view found at '~/Views/HomePageEN.cshtml' was not created.
       at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
     2017-04-05 10:53:41,137 [P8396/D2/T21] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred

Apr 05, 2017 @ 09:07
    DonZalmrol

To add, when disable the 32B flag again the site works again. But then the plugin doesn't anymore.

So at the moment its either one or the other :p

Apr 18, 2017 @ 09:57
    DonZalmrol

Bump, nobody that is experiencing this?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 10:02
    Nik

I can't say I've seen this, but how are you building your website? If you are telling it to build as 64bit that could be the issue?

I saw strange behaviour when an application is built targeting x86 but includes 64bit dll's and vice versa. It is often best to build against "any cpu" in my experience.

Apr 18, 2017 @ 10:09
    DonZalmrol

Hi Nik,

The site is build in a standard style, no visual studio or any other interference is happening.

It only has a few plugins and it seems that when you change the IIS pool from 64B to allow 32B apps it crashes.

Apr 26, 2017 @ 08:31
    DonZalmrol

Issue was coming from this piece of code in my homepage

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage<ContentModels.HomePage>
    @using ContentModels = Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels;

Changed it to

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft