Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 17 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 06:13
    Mark

Umbraco7.0.4 media picker shows uploaded images minus 1

hi when i upload an image i dont get to see it from image picker if i upload a second image i get to see the first and if i upload the thrid image i get to see the first and second it seems that image picker shows number of images minus 1

I created a new project and uloaded 5 images in one go it showed only 4 images . when i upload the 6th image it showed the 5th. i tried every possible way of uploading an image it was always showing total number in folder minus one ... i have tried everything nothing seems to work ...

Another Problem ... , when i have more then one image library . and i upload an image the image gets uploaded into multile libraries  so i end up with 2 copies of the same image in 2 seperate folders.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 10:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

That sounds like an odd issue - Is it possible you could share a screendump showing the issue?

The site you're working on is it for learning purposes or is it for a client? If it's for learning perhaps you could download the 7.1 RC instead and see if the issue is still in that version?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:23
    Mark

HI Jan

in the screen dump you can see on the left there are 5 images listed but in the image picker there is only 4, the other problem is that some images get umploaded into multiple image libraries. when i check the media folder there is multiple copies of the same image

is the RC 7.1 version ready to be used

Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Yeah, that's odd. Could be a bug in 7.0. I'll see if I can re-create this in 7.1RC - If so I'll file a bug report so it can be fixed before the final release.

No RC is a release candidate, which means it's pretty close to being done but the HQ are awaiting bug reports and polishing the last parts. When it's final it will just be referred as 7.1.

You can always see the current recommended version of Umbraco here http://our.umbraco.org/download and as you can see 7.1 is still in progress and is 94% done. But there has been a beta release and a RC 1 release. If it turns out that there are many isses then there will probably be an RC2 before final release.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

I just tested this on the 7.1 RC where I uploaded 3 images to a folder. All images appeared in the folder view so I guess this is fixed in this version.

But it might be a bug in 7.0.4 then.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:57
    Mark

i just tried it in 7.1 and it did the same ... i am going to try uploading my images from a diffrent computer ...

Mar 22, 2014 @ 11:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Hmm that's odd - what browser are you using? I tested in Chrome.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:03
    Mark

HI Jan firefox  27.0.1

and chrome Version 33.0.1750.154 m

Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Hmm...ok..

Do you see any weird entries in your log file at /app_data/logs that could perhaps be related to this?

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:18
    Mark

I have just uploaded images to my godaddy version from another laptop that i have using chrome ver 33.0.1750.154 m same version as my main laptop and it worked just fine ...

Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, so seems to be a local issue on your other machine.

Perhaps try to clear the browser cache on that machine to see if that helps?

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:31
    Mark

i think i have found what the problem is .... if i upload a wide image lets say 2000px by 300px the problem occurs if i upload a normal image that  is bigger is size the problem does not occur .... i tried it fom my machine and it seems to work with a normal image even if i have uploaded 5 or 6 ... its wide images that are causing the problem i will test it a bit more and get back to you with more accurent results .. can you save  this attached file and see if you get the same problem

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:01
    Mark

by the way i just discoverd the problem is not with the width of the image but rather with ratio betwen  width with height , if i upload an image that is 2000px x 300px the problem will occur i have even tried it with 2000px x 350px the problem will continue to occur but when i upload 2000px x 400px the problem is gone ... should i log it as bug or would you like to log it yourself

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Good find!

I'll try out the image myself as well - But I think you should file a bug report at http://issues.umbraco.org/issues right away :-) You found the bug and know more details about it than I do - Remember I'm just an Our hangaround with a strong passion for Umbraco :)

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Hmm, I just tried uploading your image with some other images that were not so wide. Works fine on my machine. I see all 8 thumbnails when clicking the folder and the folder contains 8 images...

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:17
    Mark

can you rename it and upload it by itself ... i think if the last image is that wide it wont work ..

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

I tried downloading the image and make a copy, which I called coffee_2.jpg I uploaded both images and both were shown in the folder in both thumbnail and list view.

However I'm test on a local installation where I'm using CE SQL as the database...not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:29
    Mark

i have changed my image size to 2000px 400px and it works fine for me but the 2000px 300px doesnt ... i have tried it on sql2005 and the database file version and i get the same result ... should i log it as a bug ?

Mar 22, 2014 @ 13:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Does this happen on both of your machines? If so I think you should try and file a bug report with information about steps to reproduce, your webhost and database version so they have as much information as possible. That way HQ and others can try and test and see if they can reproduce and see if there should be an edge case bug that needs to be fixed or provided with a workaround.

/Jan

Mar 22, 2014 @ 14:23
    Mark

yes it does do the same problem on both machines ... I have created a bug issue ...

... because of all the images delete one of my pages is no longer displaying an image picker icon i think it has an image reference stuck inside and it is not diplaying anything .. i thought the easiest way is to create a new page and copy and past the content inside...  it however when i went to sort the page location ... i was unable to do so,  the sort list came back blank ... no pages were showing ... do you know if there is a bug with the page sort function .. i tried it with the media files and it worked fine i was able to move files up and down ... 

Mar 22, 2014 @ 14:37
    Mark

I worked out the sorting issue, I was clicking on the page itself to do the sorting. i need to click on the parent page ... then i sort the children pages ... works fine.

Mar 22, 2014 @ 16:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Good to hear you managed to get the sorting issue solved. Sometimes it can simply just play a trick on you :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft