Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten 15 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 14:10
    Morten

Hey guys :) Looked around google and stuff but couldnt find any help for a news system..

Would like a page where i can add (Text, Headline, Image, Write, Date)... But havnt got a cluse where to start ?

Maybe someone can point me the right way know asp.net well, but isnt there an easier way beside Usercontroles?

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 14:14
    Dan

You could try the Runway News Library or Dan Drayne's Business Website Starter Pack?

• Morten 15 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 14:17
    Morten

Tried the first one just 5 mins ago.. But wouldnt show the news, and couldnt figuar out how to add them so they would drop in the right folder auto.

• Bryan 29 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:39
    Bryan

Adding is just like adding a new node. Just look in de document type structures and make sure its ok. What I just cant figure out is how to show them?

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:43
    dandrayne

Feel free to try the Business Website Starter Kit, which has a news system built-in for you to take apart and see how it works.

It's also a good starting point for building a complete site, whereas in the past I've found runway to be best for learning or demoing to a client.

Dan

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:43
  • Bryan 29 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:11
    Bryan

I used CWS to learn(examples), and this time I didn't want any unnecessary stuff in the CMS, thats why I installed Runway and just some modules. I only have to get the newlibrary to show his items. I get the message that "there is no items found". But I've made a newspage as a childnode of the newsarchive AND I've made the year, month, day nodes with a newspage as a childnode.

I did change the alias from the newsarchive and newspage (removed the Boost) and I've looked into the xlst to make the necessary changes. But it still doesnt show his newspage nodes.

If I install BWS then I'll get allot of different crap that I won't be using and wich just pollutes the CMS.

• vvsupport 20 posts 39 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 17:58
    vvsupport

Morten , I heard that you are working in a package for members, are you having some progress in that package?, I tray to do members on my site but i wish i have some start point, I am asp noovy. thanks.

• Zalan 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 10:58
    Zalan

Hi I have installed the Runway News Library I have no idea how to implement it in my website , is there any documentation for it? or a tutorial? 

I have inserted the macro and it is seems that working but it says "No news items to display" and I could not find out where to add any items to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft