Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andles 44 posts 64 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 06:29
    andles

attributes removed by editor

Howdy,

As an example, adding <span class="myClass"> in the html editor works as expected. However, if I make an edit like:

<span class="myClass" id="myID">

..clicking update seemingly works as no erros are thrown when the html view closes, but upon re-opening the editor the code reverst back to:

<span class="myClass">

In one partcularly frustrating scenario case I am unable to add a call to a javscript function as onmouseover="myFunction()" is removed on every attempt to add it...

(version 3.3, using both FF3 and IE8)

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 07:22
    Lee

I have only used v4+ of Umbraco, but this sounds like a TinyMCE problem - Have you tried updating the version of TinyMCE you have installed with that version of Umbraco?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 08:10
    Jan Skovgaard

If you need to add a class in the editor you need to make a specific stylesheet with a set of styles, which makes it possible for you to set classes.

You can read more about that here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-%28tinymce%29

/Jan

• Tobias Neugebauer 52 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 08:13
    Tobias Neugebauer

Hi,

did you have a look at your tinyMceConfig.config file in the umbraco config folder? You can specify which attributes are allowed on an html Tag.

Locate the Tag validElements and look for -span[class|align] and change this to -span[class|align|id]. This will prevent the tinyMce from tidying up your id attribute.

Hope this helps

Toby

• andles 44 posts 64 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 11:13
    andles

Bingo! The problem was as you stated Tobias - I updated tinyMce config and now working as expected.

Thanks to all for the responses provided, much appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft