Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Apr 19, 2010 @ 11:19
    Fergus Davidson

update tinymce to use paste as text

hi

i know that the version of tinymce in umbraco is obviously limited, but is there an easy way to update it to use some of the latest functionality.

more specifically, there is now an auto-cleanup function triggered on ctrl-v which launches the paste as text dialogue automatically.

secondarily, if possible i would like to add that icon in to the tool bar as the ctrl-v function does not work in all browsers.

any ideas - is it just a case of downloading and replacing in the umbraco folder, or do i need to be creating alternative datatypes??

thanks

• MayMay 7 posts 26 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 19:07
    MayMay

Hi,

We just updated our umbraco to 4.0.3 and can't use "paste from word" in TinyMEC editor. We got a error message: Undefined PasteWordDialog. Anyone else have the same problem? We did find the different between 4.0.3 version and previous version in the pasteword.htm

New version: onsubmit="return PasteWordDialog.insert();"

Previous version: onsubmit="saveContent();"

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 11, 2010 @ 22:39
    Chris Dunn

I don't remember if it's enabled by default but the tinymce version in umbraco does have the "removeformatting" as an option on the toolbar.  If you don't see it you can enable it under developer/datatypes/rich text editor in the admin. This would be a manual solution if paste from word isn't working.

In terms of cleanup, you can make sure TIDYMCE is enabled as well as having only specified elements and attributes enabled.  This will clean up the code for you on save.

Enable tinymce in /config/umbracosetting.config   - > <TidyEditorContent>True</TidyEditorContent>

Specify valid elements in /config/tinyMceConfig.config  - > <validElements></validElements>

Additionally the tinyMceConfig.config does allow you to specify additional custom commands.

-Chris

• Guus Hamann 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 16, 2010 @ 12:01
    Guus Hamann

Hello everybody,

I have done what Chris Dunn suggested, 2 tiny changes on that will make it work, valid elements can not be empty you should leave the cdata tag like this:

<validElements>
        <![CDATA[]]>
      </validElements>

and you also have to change something in web.config, putting a space in it would be enough, after that umbraco recompiles and the new settings work. if you do not do this, the new config is ignored.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft