Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 04, 2009 @ 13:11
    Lee

FamFamFam Icons Not Working In Chrome?

I have just installed the great FamFamFam icon package but it doesn't work in Chrome, the drop down list only shows the text and no images so you don't know what you are selecting! =(

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 04, 2009 @ 13:29
    Aaron Powell

I *think* that's a limitation of the way Chrome renders the drop down list control. Are you seeing them in IE?

I've just tested in the following browsers:

- Chrome 4 beta (OS X)

- Chrome for Windows (what ever the latest stable is)

- Firefox 3.5 for Windows

- IE 8

- Safari 4 (OSX)

Only in Firefox did they actual show up. Drop downs (in fact any form element) are handled by the browser UI engine and there's actually limited stuff which you can do with the way the UI of them operates. It's also why they look different in each browser and each OS.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Dec 04, 2009 @ 13:31
    Warren Buckley

The famfamfam icon package is great but I still prefer to copy only over the icons I am going to use, as it easier to find them in the dropdown list.

Otherwise you could be spending a fair bit of time looking for the file name to match it.

Just my 2cents worth.
    Warren :)

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 04, 2009 @ 13:32
    Lee

I checked in FF and could see them, so 'assumed' it was set-up to work in all browser =( ...  No worries I'll create a screen shot list I think to help choose

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 04, 2009 @ 13:39
    Aaron Powell

I know Shannon did something for 4.1, but I think that was with the sprited images, not the loose images.

I'll check that when I've got a moment, if it's still not working maybe i should pic next to the drop down list too for 4.1 if it's not fixed

• Kristian Frost 18 posts 102 karma points
    Dec 11, 2009 @ 11:01
    Kristian Frost

@ Warren: Another way to get a quick overview of the icons is at the Famfamfam website.

I'm running 4.1 beta and it's still not sprited, and it only works in FF.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft