Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graeme W 113 posts 289 karma points
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 15:17
    Graeme W

Strategies for showing tidy list of media items (pdf files)

I need to have a number of media items (pdf files) related to certain pages. I’d like to present these in a uniform way using a list rather than asking the content editors to enter the links in the text editor.

Something like the Related Links data type would be ideal but unfortunately it doesn’t allow you to pick media items. There does seem to be a “Related Links with Media” in uComponents but I don’t know if this is compatible with V6/MVC

I’ve also considered having a specific media folder related to each page and listing out the contents of the folder.

Has anyone used uComponents – related links with media with version 6 MVC mode, or achieved what I need to do in some other way?

thanks

• Graeme W 113 posts 289 karma points
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 17:20
    Graeme W

I've installed uComponents and the included "Related Links with Media" works fine with the same Razor code I was using for the normal Related Links control.

However this control is marked as "legacy" within uComponents so guess I may have to be careful about upgrades in the future

Edit: actually not quite working. For media nodes a link is found with the media id at the end which just returns a page not found. Looks like GetMediaById function is the way to go if I can get it to work...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft