Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edward Forgacs 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 02, 2013 @ 12:58
    Edward Forgacs

Adobe Air Error with Desktop Media Uploader

When trying to run the Umbraco Desktop Media Uploader on a Mac which had previously used the Desktop Media Uploader successfully, it fails with the erorr "Sorry, an error has occurred. This application cannot be insatlled because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."Any clues?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2013 @ 20:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Edward and welcome to our :)

What browser are you using? I know that there have been some issues with Chrome due to some Adobe stuff.

But have you been using DMU for the same site where it now suddenly fails?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Edward Forgacs 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 00:42
    Edward Forgacs

Hi,

Thanks for your response. It has been tested in both Safari and Firefox on the Mac and yes the exact same production site was working then suddenly failed. I'm wondering if an Apple update has caused a compatibility issue with the DMU?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 06:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi Edward,

Jan is right - there is a bug with Adobe and/or Chrome that got introduced around 8/2012, and apparently, still hasn't been fixed!  There was lots of finger pointing going on, but looking at the comments it looks like a fix might be upcoming in a later version of Chrome -- but I wouldn't hold my breath :)

In the meantime, you can launch DMU manually from your computer as a workaround, or use the newer upload mechanisms in later versions of Umbraco.

This thread has some additional details and links to the Chrome/Adobe issue reports.  Bjorn also posted a nice workaround there by replacing the badge with a link.

Sorry there's not better news :)

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft