Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Blair 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 18:19
    John Blair

No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing - when browsing razor macro remotely in the content editor

I have umbraco 6.0 running on a window 2003 server.

If I view the umbraco content (via the admin user) from a browser by logging onto the server the razor macros render correctly in the TinyMCE rich text editor.

However, if I use a browser  (on a win 7 PC)  to remotely browse the content on the windows 2003 server then the TinyMCE editor just displays "No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing" instead of the macro content.

The macro does have the "Use in editor" and "Render in Editor" checkboxes checked.

A lot of people seem to have this issue but I have not found any solution to this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 20:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John and welcome to our :)

This sounds like a bug to me - I would check the issue tracker to see if the bug has already been reported. If it has vote it up and if it has not it would be ace if you would take the time to do a bug report so the core team is aware that there is a problem.

The issue tracker can be found here issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:27
    John Blair

Thanks for the reply and help Jan.

This doesn't appear to be listed on the issue tracker, so I've created one. I've put the issue url below so that it can be closed if anyone finds a solution to this issue.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1936

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2013 @ 16:50
    John Blair

I've posted a fix to this issue - see the url below for details.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1936

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft