Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Siw Ørnhaug 130 posts 109 karma points
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 10:28
    Siw Ørnhaug

Possible to get Google Translation Ajax API to work?

Hi all, I've tested this in a relatively simple template, but it seems that the javasript doesn't fire any events.

I've been following this advice: http://www.labnol.org/internet/website-translation-with-google-language-api/4367/

I've amended the javascript function to take the actual div name as a parameter, changed origianl language from "en" to "no" and put it in the head of the master template. The site is umbraco 4.7.1

As I said, when I try to choose in the dropdown that appears, nothing happens.

Any of you have experience with this?

Siw

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 31, 2012 @ 17:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Siw

Have you tried debugging using one of the built in browser consoles to see if some javascript errors are thrown? From skimming the referenced article I don't suspect this to be an Umbraco issue but more and issue of some code perhaps being mis-written.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Siw Ørnhaug 130 posts 109 karma points
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 11:01
    Siw Ørnhaug

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply.

As it happens my customer lost interest in the project when I disclosed that this would have to be applied to all relevant text paragraphs.

On the other hand, I would like to know how to do this correctly, so I'll look into it again shortly.

So, it might take a little time until I report wether your hunch is correct, Jan :)

Siw

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft