Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Taylor 8 posts 28 karma points
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 15:33
    Mark Taylor

Creating Login Page for Public Access

Hi, this is my first post and I'm an Umbraco newbie so please be gentle.

I'm just getting to grips with Public Access rights, members, groups etc but I can't work out how to create the actual login page for people to login at. I've been googling around and searching this forum for hours but with no joy. I just want to use the Umbraco membership management functionality (no integration with any "membership providers" (whatever they are) or anything fancy.

The logic for membership seems simple so I'm extra frustrated that I can't simplu create a login page.

Any help at all would be most welcome and I'm looking forward to really getting to understand Umbraco now we're moving all our coprorate sites onto it.

Thanks

• Thomas Egebrand Gram 63 posts 138 karma points
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 23:34
    Thomas Egebrand Gram

Hi there Mark,

I'm looking for the same - will let you know if i figure something out.

// Thomas G

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 431 posts 1669 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 16:30
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Guys,

This is very easy to do if you are familiar with ASP.NET membership controls. You can create a usercontrol using the Login control provided by ASP.NET and add it as a macro to your login page. There is a nice video on how to do this in Umbracos Videos if you are not familiar with this process.

Cheers,

Marc

• Mizanur Rahman Mojumder 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:31
    Mizanur Rahman Mojumder

Hi all,

I'm looking for the same  issue. If any one figure out about it... Please share it urgently.

Thanks

• Thomas Egebrand Gram 63 posts 138 karma points
    Apr 30, 2012 @ 04:21
    Thomas Egebrand Gram

Hello everyone,

I turned up with a fix a week ago, but haven't had the chance to share it yet, so here goes!

As Marc Love says, you actually have to play with standard ASP.NET, using the login formular, (forgotten password and so on) from there. I hadn't really tried playing with ASP tools before - but i came up with a solution after some time playing around with it.

Insert this in your standard Umbraco template:

<form runat="server">
    <asp:LoginView ID="UmbracoLoginView" runat="server">
    <AnonymousTemplate>
    <asp:Login id="Login1" runat="server">
    <LayoutTemplate>
      <label for="login">LOGIN<br /><asp:TextBox id="UserName" CssClass="fields" runat="server"></asp:TextBox></label>
      <label for="password">PASSWORD<br /><asp:TextBox id="Password" CssClass="fields" runat="server" textMode="Password"></asp:TextBox></label>
      <label for="remember"><asp:Checkbox id="RememberMe" CssClass="checkbox" runat="server"></asp:Checkbox>HUSK login &amp; password</label>
      <p><asp:button id="Login" CommandName="Login" CssClass="submit" runat="server" Text="Login"></asp:button></p>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    </asp:Login>
    </AnonymousTemplate>
        <LoggedInTemplate>
          Du er logget ind som: (Logged in as:)
            <asp:LoginName ID="LoginName1" runat="server" />
            <asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" />
        </LoggedInTemplate>
    </asp:LoginView>
    </form>

This will make users able to log into your Umbraco website - viewing access-restricted content; by using the membership groups inside your Umbraco installation.

Keep up!
    // Thomas G

• Mike 10 posts 30 karma points
    May 08, 2012 @ 15:44
    Mike

Cheers for that Thomas. That template snippet was just what I was looking for and saved me a lot of time.

• Amar 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 18:09
    Amar

Pardon me for my questions, but I new to Umbraco..

Is this a user control (macro) that goes into a new template?

Do I also need to modify the master page too ?

also, should I be creating seperate user control (macro) for the registeration page ?

Amar

• Mark Taylor 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 04, 2012 @ 12:35
    Mark Taylor

Thanks everyone. In the end we had to pay the devlopers to do this for us, but I will certainly try and give Thomas's solution a go on my personal Umbraco site.

• vinoth 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 14, 2013 @ 23:55
    vinoth

hello team, i am also new to umbraco and i saw few videos for creating pages with user control but wat i need is i want to create a website without using user control. might be with custom control! but i want to a text box to be get edit in webpage... thanx in advance!!!

• Ed Salwin 8 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 22:02
    Ed Salwin

Thomas' solution worked great for me!

Note: Inside <asp:Login>, you can also add:

<asp:Literal id="FailureText" runat="server" />

to display server-generated authentication failure messages.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft