Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 13:35
    jigar

How can i change the login screen text?

How can i change the login screen text?

On this screen i got message like "Welcome to umbraco, type your username and password in the boxes below", i want to change it with my customoise message.

How can i do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

JIgar

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 13:48
    Warren Buckley

Not 100% sure if the license allows it, but its somewhere in a langauage.xml file

• Rob Walker 13 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 20, 2012 @ 17:30
    Rob Walker

you change it in the en.xml file located in umbraco\config.  you can also pull off some style changes by editing the login.aspx page located inside umbraco folder.

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 03:54
    Funka!

The MIT licensing on version 4.5 and above should indicate that it's perfectly fine to change around the login page however you'd like.  I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the only thing you would need to be careful of, is using the trademarked Umbraco name and/or logo in any way to imply a relationship or affiliation that does not exist, or probably in any other way than how it comes out of the box.

For versions prior to 4.5, the licensing page on the main umbraco site and on the codeplex site does indicate a proprietary license on the backend UI which would not allow what you're asking.

EDIT: whoops, didn't realize Warren's reply was so old. Anyhoo, now ya know!

• Prasant 10 posts 90 karma points
    Dec 07, 2022 @ 08:56
    Prasant

Happy wonderful Wednesday ---> Happy Wednesday

I want "Happy Wednesday" from greeting "Happy wonderful Wednesday"

But unfortunately, it didn't work using Umbraco 11. Anyone, please guide me?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft