Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• blackdog 53 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 14:46
    blackdog

single sign on beetween asp.net and exchange

Hi to all,

this is my first topic on the new umbraco forum. I have a big question for you... We have finilly finished the society intranet. It tooks many times to me and to my friends. Now we have to do the final step the single sign on authentication beetween the Active Directory membership and exchange,

The users login to our intranet with a login page with Active directory login and then enter to the umbraco site. How do we do an integration with our exchange server? I read that there is the possiiblity to pass the ADcookie to exchange through the web.config file.... Is really?

Thanks

Gabriele

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 18:58
    Paul Sterling

Gabriele -

I belive what your looking for is the Active Directory Membership Provider - which will work with Umbraco Members with no trouble.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.security.activedirectorymembershipprovider(VS.80).aspx

-Paul

• blackdog 53 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 14:33
    blackdog

Oh thanks for the answer but we have just do this stuff. Our users login to our intranet troghu a login.aspx page implemented by Active Directory.

So we have to general problems

1) We need single sign on beetween intranet and the mail server (exchange) because our users connect to the mailbox after the login on the intranet and we the same password. So we would like to short the time of the users inserting one password to do all tasks on our intranet.

2) It's not true there is complete compatibility beetween umbraco membership provider and Active Directory. When i choose on the web. config Ad as the main member provider, i can't use the members section of umbraco. It disable the members and so i don't create registered area that also we need.

Thanks
    Blackdog

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:25
    Dirk De Grave

2) It's not true there is complete compatibility beetween umbraco membership provider and Active Directory. When i choose on the web. config Ad as the main member provider, i can't use the members section of umbraco. It disable the members and so i don't create registered area that also we need.</span>

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 16:14
    Lesley

Hi Blackdog,

When you say Exchange, are you using Outlook Webmail? So you want users to log in to the intranet, click a link to launch their email, and not have to log in again? So, what you need is to pass the username and password (or some IsAuthenticated flag) to Exchange so it knows which mailbox to display? My initial feeling was that maybe this can't be done, but I think you could probably write some code to use LDAP.

As this isn't much to do with Umbraco and you'll be lucky to find an AD / Exchange expert here, I think you'll be better off using Google to find your answers. I'd start by researching Exchange authentication methods, eg: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125207.aspx and try and get things working outside of Umbraco first of all.

Hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft