Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Lundblad 12 posts 33 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 14:51
    Carl Lundblad

Publish won't happen until next day

Heya

I've been put in charge of an old Umbraco-site running Umbraco v 4.0.3.

The site has one norwegian and one english branch, identical but for the language and built om the exact same templates and data types.

Everything works super, except one thing that my client is complaining about; When updating an article, or anything really, on the english site(and only on on the english site), the updates doesn't show on the site until much later.

I hit "save and publish" and the save-popup appears, saying that it should now be updated on the site, but nothing.

Is this something that anyone else has experienced? Any ideas of how to fix it?

-Carl

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 15:18
    Tom Fulton

Are your servers load balanced, and if so do you have the distributedCalls configured?  We had the same issue a long time ago, the problem is the servers shared the same umbraco.config file but the in-memory cache would only be updated on the server where the change was made, and not on the other one until it's app pool was reset (and xml re-loaded).

• Carl Lundblad 12 posts 33 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 08:16
    Carl Lundblad

So it turns out the IIS was set up in a bad way, with different sites for all hosts. Moving the hostname-configuration into Umbraco fixed the issue. :)

Thanks for the idéas Tom, it helped narrowing it down. :)

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft