Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 18:44
    Rob Holmes

Alternative Links

Hi All, 

Very odd one this one, really hoping someone here can help:

We have an Umbraco installation which is running 4.6.1, upgraded from 4.0.1 about 3 months ago. Everything seems to be working correctly, we can create, edit and remove content, templates, doctypes and so on. 

However, all content in the system, pre-existing and new content pages do not have forward slashes in the Alternative links under the properties tab.

Example:

Tree:

Website
    --HomePage
    ----SubPage1
    ----SubPage2
    ------SubPage3

In this case, SubPage3 would have a correct "Link to document" of "/homepage/subpage2/subpage3.aspx", however, the Alternative links would look like this:

http://subDomain1.mywebsite.comhomepagesubpage2subpage3.aspx
    http://subDomain2.mywebsite.comhomepagesubpage2subpage3.aspx

And so on. Has anybody seen anything like this before? How are these links created, and is it possible to change them? I am reluctant to republish the entire site as it is rather large, and as new pages are being created with the same problem, I suspect that not much will change.

Anyway, any and all feedback, theories would be welcome!

Cheers,

Rob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 19:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rob

Could you perhaps try to refresh the xml cache? (It's done by right clicking the "Content" node, when you right click choose the "republish entire site").

Does this help?

It seems very odd and I have never seen this before. Maybe you should also check to see if something has been modified in the appSettings part of the web.config or perhaps in umbracoSettings.config.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 10:19
    Rob Holmes

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately refreshing the XML cache has no effect. I can't see anything which is obviously different in the web.config or the umbracoSettings.config from our other 4.6.1 installations.

Does anyone know how the system generates these links? They do not appear to come from the XML as I've looked at that file and I can't see anything which matches, so are these stored in the database somewhere?

Cheers, 

Rob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 22:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rob

That's very weird. What happens if you choose to only publish a few of the nodes? Does the dot notation still persist then?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft