Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Jan 11, 2011 @ 18:13
    Paul A

Deleted data type -> No node exists with id 'xxxx'

Hi,

I think one of my data types has been edited/deleted somewhere along the line, and content of that type no longer loads in admin. Rather than try to restore the data type that has been deleted, how can I delete all and any refs to that property in any created pages? That should fix the problem, non? I'm happy to dive into the database.

delete * from *.

Thanks for any help,

P.S. don't delete datatypes

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 01:15
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Paul,

yeah, came across that before, it's unfortunately a bit ugly but manually sorting out the database did the trick for me back then as well, no trouble since then with the site. Here's what I'd do:

***** All SQL statements are given as SELECT statements. To clean the data out you'd have to replace that with DELETE of course, probably in certain sequence to observe foreign keys! *****

1. Double check that the type is really not there anymore:

SELECT *
    FROM CmsDataType
    WHERE NodeId = [MissingDataTypeNodeId]

2. Look up the property type ids of your data type in CmsPropertyType

You need to do this manually as your datatype has already been deleted from CmsDataType. Going by the alias is the simplest method, then you have the DataTypeId [DataTypeId] and a collection of property type ids where this has been used [CmsPropertyTypeIds].

3. Check in CmsDataTypePreValues if there are any remainders (optional, they won't hurt anybody I guess):

SELECT *
    FROM CmsDataTypePreValues
    WHERE DatatypeNodeId = [MissingDataTypeNodeId]

4. Now comes the real deal: deleting all references in CmsPropertyData:

for each id in [CmsPropertyTypeIds]
    SELECT *
    FROM CmsPropertyData
    WHERE Propertytypeid = [CmsPropertyTypeId]

5. Delete the reference to your non-existing DataType in the CmsPropertyType table

for each id in [CmsPropertyTypeIds]
    SELECT *
    FROM CmsPropertyType
    WHERE Id = [CmsPropertyTypeId]

And that should do the trick. Please give me a heads up if that worked or what else you had to do so I can put a wiki doc together for future reference.

Cheers,

Sascha

Jan 12, 2011 @ 10:40
    Paul A

Thanks, this is a massive help - other posts I've seen were pretty vague on how to do it. I'll get back to you with any probs I had, or anything else I had to do.

Cheers!

Jan 12, 2011 @ 12:42
    Paul A

Have been digging around in the database. Wanted to make sure what I *thought was wrong, was wrong. Could this error be caused by 'path' information in the XML?

(as example)

path="-1,-20,1234,9999,4321,2222"

2222 is obviously the page in question (loads as normal, but not in admin - give "no node exists with id '9999')

4321 is parent node. Exists and working fine.

** 9999 is the ID that is mentioned in 'No node exists with ID' error. This number doesn' t match up with the ID I can see by hovering mouseover the appropriate node in admin. Is this the problem (maybe new node was created and content moved across?)... This is a large section of the website, so maybe there was some kind of error when moving the nodes across.

If this is the prob, can I just do an SQL search & replace to change all path information to the correct figures?

Thanks for your help,

Jan 13, 2011 @ 01:19
    Sascha Wolter

Hm, I don't know, first time I heard of path info maybe not being correct. Unfortunately I also don't know what actually relies on that information (I guess the frontend just goes via .parentID as it doesn't need to know the full hierarchy to display a specific page). Maybe make a db copy and try it out? My gut though tells me that this will not be the reason, yet can't hurt to give it a shot... ;)

Jan 13, 2011 @ 10:33
    Paul A

Ran some SQL to fix all the incorrect path info... Seems fine now. All content loading in admin.

I think I will need to refer to your original reply as I think I've messed up the doctype on the live version (trying to fix, thinking datatypes/doctypes were the problem, before I posted here)... So thanks again for the help! I'll get back if I find anything useful.

Jan 14, 2011 @ 00:26
    Sascha Wolter

Glad you got it fixed! :) And interesting that it was actually the path entry...

• Matt Watson 33 posts 55 karma points
    Nov 01, 2011 @ 12:10
    Matt Watson

Same for me, the "path" column of the umbracoNode table was the guilty party. I had to manually do a lookup for the offending item and change them manually. 

Bit of a pain, but all is well now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft