Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 23:48
    Connie DeCinko

Right Click Menus Obscured by Right Click Menu in Firefox

When right clicking a node in the backoffice using Firefox, I am unable to see many of the Umbraco popups because the Firefox right click shortcut menu appears over the top of them.

Dec 01, 2010 @ 23:57
    Connie DeCinko

Correction:  (Note: This web site refuses to allow me to edit my post, throwing an XSLT error.)

Problem is with Google Toolbar, in Firefox.  Does not occur with GT in IE8.

Dec 09, 2010 @ 15:45
    Connie DeCinko

Does anyone else have this problem in Firefox?  My right click Umbraco menus are obscured by the Firefox right click menu.

• Wes 14 posts 35 karma points
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 22:27
    Wes

Connie,

This occurs when you have modified the advanced JavaScript settings in Firefox to prevent disabling of the context menus by a site. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to make this site-conditional in Firefox, but in any event, you can "fix" this problem by re-enabling the option in Firefox (these instructions are for Firefox 3.6.x on Windows; it may vary for others):

• Click Tools
    • Select Options
    • Pick the Content tab
    • To the right of "Enable JavaScript" click the Advanced button
    • Check the box for the middle option, "Disable or replace context menus"
    • "OK" your way back out

You should now be able to right-click in Umbraco and see only the Umbraco context menu, not Firefox's own.

Hope that helps... Took me awhile to figure out why this was happening to me, but that took care of it here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft