Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Haral 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 01:05
    Haral

Rich text editor is removing  

Hi

I am using Umbraco v 4.5.2. When I use the command & icon "Insert custom character" and insert "no-brake space" (or switch to HTML mode and add the html-code  ) normal space(s) are added. If I then save the document the spaces are removed (at least if they are in a cell in a table. If I add "1   2" in a cell the spaced will not be removed.)

I have found some articles describing the problem but even thought I have followed the instruction I have not managed to stop Umbraco removing the  

Allow any markup in the TinyMCE editor: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/allow-any-markup-in-the-tinymce-editor

HTML stripped in editor in umbraco v4.0.1 http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst9540_HTML-stripped-in-editor-in-umbraco-v401.aspx 

Based on the information found in those articles, I have updated  tinyMceConfig.config with  <validElements><![CDATA[*[*]]]></validElements>

and

umbracoSettings.config with <TidyEditorContent>False</TidyEditorContent>

If you have a clue of how to let the editor accept no-nbsp, I am thankful for information.

Harald

• Brian Manning 22 posts 43 karma points
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 21:55
    Brian Manning

A very similar thing is happening to me when I try to include anchor elements with the name attribute set. It looks fine until I save it, and then it's replaced by an empty image.

• jc 64 posts 101 karma points
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 22:41
    jc

A couple things that might help:

1. In ~/config/tinyMceConfig.config, in the validElements tag, try changing the "-" character to a "+" character in front of the "td" tag to let it know to not collapse empty elements:

+td[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|scope]

2. In ~/config/tinyMceConfig.config, in the customConfig tag, try adding or replacing this key:

<config key="entity_encoding">named</config>

3. You'll need to restart umbraco after any changes you made to tinyMceConfig.config to take place (either make a change to web.config and save it or run iisreset from the command line.)

• Brian Manning 22 posts 43 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 23:06
    Brian Manning

Wanted to give an update on this. I've been working on it sporadically here and there and haven't found a solution yet. It's only the anchor element that's giving me a problem after going from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2. Going to keep looking at it, but if anyone have any ideas, let me know! Thanks!

• Muhammad hussain 33 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 09:11
    Muhammad hussain

Hi

I got help for this link. It is Nice to imliment

I think your problem will be slove using this link

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-%28tinymce%29/allow-any-markup-in-the-tinymce-editor

Thanks

Muhammad Hussain

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft