Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Calle Bjernekull 16 posts 38 karma points
    Jul 05, 2010 @ 18:29
    Calle Bjernekull

Only one level in "Link to document"

Does anyone know how "Link to document" is generated?

For example, if I have a tree like this:

root
         -north
             -products
         -south
             -products

As you can see I have pages called "Products" under both north and south. The problem here is that both product-pages gets the link /products, while it should be /north/products and /south/products

I have another Umbraco-site (same version) where the directory links are rendered perfectly fine, but not in this one. Could anyone help me out here?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 05, 2010 @ 20:50
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Calle,

you need to change a settings in web.config to include your 'top level node' path in the url

<add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" />

If set to false, your urls will resolve as

/north/products(.aspx) and /south/products(.aspx)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Jul 06, 2010 @ 09:55
    Calle Bjernekull

Hi Dirk, thanks for your answer, but that's not the problem. Have tried to change that setting already. My problem is that it's only looking at the last element when creating the link. Both pages get the link "/products", so "/north" and "/south"-part are both removed from the link. Both product-pages gets the same url, which ofcourse doesn't work

Jul 06, 2010 @ 10:07
    Dirk De Grave

Have you tried republishing the entire site (right-click on 'Content' node, choose 'Republish entire site') after having changed the settings to make sure the umbraco xml cache is regenerated?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 06, 2010 @ 10:34
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Calle,

Do you have any other settings enabled, like a hostname associated with either 'north/south' and/or have "useDomainPrefixes" (in umbracoSettings.config) set to true?

What happens when you view "/products" on the front-end, which one does it display? (if any?)  Do the "/north/products" and "/south/products" URLs work?

Which version of Umbraco are you using?

Following Dirk's suggestion, might be worth actually deleting the "umbraco.config" (XML cache) first, then re-generate it - just to make sure its not corrupt.

Cheers, Lee.

Jul 06, 2010 @ 11:48
    Calle Bjernekull

Hi everyone, I just tried to set umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath to false (again) and republished the site, and it works! So problem solved, thanks. But I'm still curious how it's possible for Umbraco to create two identical links for two different pages.

So in front-end, if I click "/products", i will come to the first instance: /north/products

Jul 06, 2010 @ 11:53
    Dirk De Grave

By default, umbraco only disallows to create two identical pages under the same parent node, fact that /north/products is served when browsing to /products is because 'north' is the first node in the 'Content' tree. If you'd change the order of 'north' and 'south', umbraco would serve /south/products when browsing to /products.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft