Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Kjær Nielsen 58 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 12:21
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

Full publish of content tree

Hi

Sometimes(Would say everytime) Umbraco wont clear the cache if I just use "Republish entire site" from the root-nede.

Instead I have to publish next-level nodes individual, including sub-pages.

Are there any way to trick a "real", complete republish, maybe by calling an URL?

/Thomas

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:01
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Thomas,

If you right click on the root node and select "Publish", you'll get a dialog where you can choose to publish that page and all of it's child pages.

"Republish entire site" doesn't actualy republish your nodes, I beleive it just updates the memory cache with the contents of the umbraco.config file. To force a publish, just use the process I outlined above.

Matt

Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:02
    Matt Brailsford

ps, this may take a while if you have a lot of nodes. If it's just a specific section you want to republish, you might be better off just publishing from the containing parent node instead.

Matt

Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:06
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

Hi

Well, that is actually the problem :-(

I have a lot of "root-nodes", like 10 or so, that I would like to have published in one command.

I takes quite a while, so would be great if I could just start the "publish-service" and go get Coffe :-)

/Thomas

Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:11
    Matt Brailsford

I'm not aware of anything out of the box that could publish all root nodes in one go, but I guess if it's an ongoing problem for you, you could use the umbraco API to programaticaly republish everything.

What is the reason for needing to clear the cache? Maybe there is some other underlying issue?

Matt

Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:28
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

Well, it is actually because we do a lot of full-deployments, including the XML-cache.

And when the content is different, we get some errors - it would be great if we could just get a complete new XML-cache.

Don't think we have the time to write our own :-)

/Thomas

• Keith Jackson 183 posts 552 karma points
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 18:33
    Keith Jackson

We have the same issue, but we have over 100 root site nodes that we need to republish (including Children) - API is fine for us, so if we get some useful code I'll try and push it up!

Nov 07, 2011 @ 13:18
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

I would like to see any code you have!

We ended up not deleting the umbraco.config file on the nodes, so we could skip the republish step most of the times.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft