Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• david 36 posts 180 karma points
    Jun 12, 2019 @ 05:18
    david

When can we expect Serverless Umbraco CMS on AWS?

I like many others use Wordpress for few reasons 1.Im not a developer, i cant write code - wordpress is super easy to publish my content, add plugins etc 2.Im not a server/cloud engineer, i cant setup an application on any servers - launching a wordpress on aws ec2 is super easy

however, i have hired freelancers to launch few serverless applications on AWS lambda. but wish if i can launch Umbraco Serverless CMS from AWS serverless marketplace then i dont have to rely on freelancers anymore

can anyone publish serverless Umbraco CMS to AWS marketplace?

AWS Serverless repository: console.aws.amazon.com/serverlessrepo/home?region=us-east-1#/available-applications

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Jun 12, 2019 @ 09:34
    MB

Why not Umbraco Cloud?

Jun 12, 2019 @ 13:16
    david

because Umbraco Cloud doesnt have these many features https://searchaws.techtarget.com/definition/Amazon-Web-Services

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Jun 12, 2019 @ 21:56
    MB

Umbraco Cloud runs on Azure - which can match AWS - but UC choose to implement just the basics at the moment, because it's all that most people need and/or know how to use.

So which of those 'features' do you need? and then perhaps you could ask the question of the UC people.

Jun 19, 2019 @ 11:42
    david

if i can host umbraco on AWS lambda

i can extend it to use AWS SNS services, SES services, S3 and Cloudfront for simple application and more... which is not possible to do in umbraco cloud [without the help of multiple 3rd party services]

• SteveV 54 posts 240 karma points
    Jun 20, 2019 @ 09:14
    SteveV

I think you can run Umbraco on a Windows VM in AWS and use SNS, SES, S3 and cloudfront. You just can't use Lambda for now.

• SteveV 54 posts 240 karma points
    Jun 20, 2019 @ 09:12
    SteveV

As far as I understand AWS Lambda runs on Linux while Umbraco needs a Windows server. People are working to migrate Umbraco from the .NET Framework to .NET Core which allows Umbraco to run on Lambda but that process will take some time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft