Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Poole 53 posts 165 karma points
    Jun 25, 2018 @ 12:08
    Mike Poole

Upgrading gives parameterless constructor error

I am upgrading my application from Umbraco v7.5.9 to 7.10.3 and after the upgrade, I now get the following error:

[MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +113
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +206
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +83
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +11
       System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerActivator.Create(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) +55

[InvalidOperationException: An error occurred when trying to create a controller of type...

I've upgraded through NuGet and also been through the Umbraco upgrade screen when first running the project. What would now be causing this error?

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Jun 25, 2018 @ 14:05
    Alex Brown

When you upgraded Umbraco should have asked if you want to overwrite some files, did you select "No to all"?

If no one comes up with a fix for this then I suggest reverting back to 7.5.9 and upgrading to each minor version then running the site to see if it works.

E.g. 7.5.9 => 7.6.0 => 7.7.0 => etc.

It's painful, I know. But upgrading can cause unexpected results.

• Mike Poole 53 posts 165 karma points
    Jun 25, 2018 @ 14:12
    Mike Poole

Thanks Alex

I did do "No to all" but it looks like this line crept into my web.config file

<add key="owin:appStartup" value="UmbracoDefaultOwinStartup" />

Removed it and all works OK now

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft