Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Currie 4 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 23:43
    Chris Currie

Login works on dev but not on live

I'm using v7.10.4

I'm trying to deploy an Umbraco site. The site displays and all content is there but I cannot log in.

I backed up and restored the database to the live server. Checked the site was running and attempted to log in but kept getting the error:

"Login failed for [[email protected]]"

So, database is fine, as the content shows, but login isn't working despite ensuring the same email and password is used - a visual check on dev database vs live database shows they are identical.

The same machineKey validationKey and decryptionKey information is in the web.config file so I believe that it should work?

I've tried everything here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset#comment-17745

(e.g. changing the encryption to 'Clear' password and changing this to password123 in the database etc., trying UmbracoAdminReset.dll etc...)

I have a feeling it is because we recently updated our systems for FIPS and it's rejecting the set Hashing algorithm of HMACSHA1. I've tried changing this in the web.config file to SHA1 as per this link https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Security/Setup-Umbraco-for-a-Fips-Server/

e.g.

And directly in the umbracoUser table for 'passwordConfig':

{"hashAlgorithm":"SHA1"}

I didn't succeed.

So I tried keeping SHA1 as the option and resetting the password via link by email. This allowed me to reset the password but the login still didn't work (I repeated this process on dev and that worked fine).

Not sure what to try next... Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Chris Currie 4 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 12:22
    Chris Currie

I can confirm that a moving the solution to a different server where FIPS is not enabled worked fine. However, I'm still keen to troubleshoot the original issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft