Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AhmadOsman 8 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 11:43
    AhmadOsman

BaseRestExtension.config

Hello,

I installed umbraco 7.10 and I followed the steps in the current url https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/config/baserestextensions/

this is my url http://www.ahmad-osman.com/base/test/Hello I want to create ajax server-side handler for my web application forms but I got the following error

Server Error in '/' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'basetest' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'basetest' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'basetest' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'basetest' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +36 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +152 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +77 System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +21 System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28 Umbraco.Web.BaseRest.RestExtensionMethodInfo.GetFromConfiguration(String extensionAlias, String methodName, Int32 paramsCount) +249

[Exception: Failed to load extension 'BaseTest.TestClass,basetest', see inner exception.] Umbraco.Web.BaseRest.RestExtensionMethodInfo.GetFromConfiguration(String extensionAlias, String methodName, Int32 paramsCount) +1002 Umbraco.Web.BaseRest.RestExtensionMethodInfo.GetMethod(String extensionAlias, String methodName, Int32 paramsCount) +21 Umbraco.Web.BaseRest.BaseRestHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +423 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +188 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +71

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2623.0

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Ahmad

What is "basetest"?

Did you build the project successfully?

All dlls are in place?

Thanks,

Alex

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:11
    AhmadOsman

Basetest.cs is a test class I made under App_Code folder and this the content

namespace BaseTest
    {
        public class TestClass
        {
            public static string Hello()
            {
                return "Hello World";
            }
        }
    }

about the site, I am working online so it is running under this doamian http://www.ahmad-osman.com

and you can see the error at http://www.ahmad-osman.com/base/test/Hello

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:19
    Alex Skrypnyk

When I go to http://www.ahmad-osman.com/, it asks for upgrade

Did you finish an installation?

/Alex

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:21
    AhmadOsman

Sorry for that but now I am trying to rebuild the project. so you have seen that

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:30
    AhmadOsman

It is up now but I still have the same error

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:53
    Alex Skrypnyk

Check /bin folder, do you have basetest.dll there?

Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:56
    AhmadOsman

No, I don't have it there but why I need it if the class is already there and I can call it from anywhere else the BaseRestExtension.config

Apr 17, 2018 @ 22:01
    AhmadOsman

I solve it using a new class library and add it as a reference to the Umbraco bin folder. thank you all

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft