Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 34 posts 127 karma points
    Mar 08, 2018 @ 12:32
    Nick

Cannot login after upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.8.1 - 400 BadRequest The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."

Hi,

I cannot login after upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.8.1

When the login ajax call is made to:

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin

Get a 400 Bad Request error with {"Message":"The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."}

The connection string hasn't changed as the web.config uses a configSource to store the connection:

<connectionStrings configSource="web.connections.secrets">
      </connectionStrings>

I have now changed the useLegacyEncoding="true" back to true but this still hasn't solved it.

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="10" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" allowManuallyChangingPassword="false" />
                    <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" />

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 08, 2018 @ 12:41
    Nik

Hi Nick,

Do you have any rewrite rules/redirects in place? This error normally shows when there is a redirect going on which results in a request changing from a Post to a Get as a result of it.

I'd also check for custom HTTP modules as someone else recently had this issue caused by one.

Thanks,

Nik

• Nick 34 posts 127 karma points
    Mar 08, 2018 @ 12:47
    Nick

Sorry, I only had useLegacyEncoding=True set on UmbracoMembershipProvider.

I have now added it to the UsersMembershipProvider as well and this has now fixed the issue. There are no additional attributes specified on the UsersMembershipProvider in the latest version of web.config so have to be manually added. Think they did exist in the web.config of earlier versions.

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" useLegacyEncoding="true" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft