Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luís Costa 26 posts 148 karma points
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 12:29
    Luís Costa

Social Sharing in Backend

Hi guys!

I'm trying to share on facebook or twitter a content that clients write in backend of umbraco.

Example: My client logs in to Umbraco backend, then he goes to "blog" section to write news, then before to post to frontend, he want a button that catch what he wrote and post to all his pages on facebook.

I already try uSocial and Skybrud.Social and no one does what i want.

Can anyone help?? Thanks!

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 12:53
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Luis,

If I understand your question, you want to be able to share a new blog post before its published? Or am I wrong?

If so, what's the reason why you want this functionality?

A content node that is not published doesn't have a url to access this node into the frontend.

/Michaël

• Luís Costa 26 posts 148 karma points
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 13:04
    Luís Costa

Hi Michael, Thanks for answer me.

enter image description here

Look at image that i post. When i click in "share to facebook", i want to catch the content "Hello World!" and post to my facebook pages.

This is for Social Marketing.

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 13:10
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Now I understand it, so you only want to share the content of your Main Content property using a Share to facebook button correct?

What you can do is create a custom property editor: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Tutorials/creating-a-property-editor/

Where you can add a richt text editor and below a button to do the sharing.

Then in the Angular Js controller you can attach a click event to the button where you then can add the logic to do the sharing. So taking the value of your RTE property and share it on facebook.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft