Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mirhat 11 posts 91 karma points
    Feb 24, 2018 @ 10:14
    Mirhat

How to create directory listing site

I would like to create site where educators could post their courses.

I have few questions: 1. How to represent educators on umbraco site as members or as users 2. How to give them right to access only their courses

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 19:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mirhat

Depends on how do you want o implement posting of courses. Do you want educators to post their courses via Umbraco backend? Then use Umbraco users, create a custom User group and add needed rights to that group.

/Alex

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 05:31
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Mirhat

I'd go the other way, and create educators as members (of a particular member type), and let them manage content from the front-end. You could use Umbraco Forms to create content from form submissions, with a custom workflow to set permissions etc - when the content item is created, you could store the node id as a property on the member profile and use that to control access/permissions.

Lots of options, but if it's a public site where any educators can register and add content, I'd avoid having them in the backoffice as users.

• Mirhat 11 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 09:01
    Mirhat

Thank you.

I will try both ways and see what is best.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 12:52
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hello Guys

Thanks Nathan for the recommendation to use members with Umbraco Forms, I just wanted to add that I didn't recommend to use backend users for it, the main question is to Mirhat, how do you want educators to add courses?

Is it more like via backend or absolutely custom solution? Do you have a time for creating functionality described by Nathan?

Thanks, Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft