Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajju 25 posts 148 karma points
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 19:06
    Ajju

VS Website to VS Website Project

Hello Umbrcians,

I am very new to .NET domain and I have created a New Web Site in Visual Studio 2015, Installed Umbraco and build the website.

I wanted to publish and upload on the server. I was told to change Website to Project in VS before publishing..

Please advice how should I proceed. What are the steps to convert Website to a Project and publish.

Awaiting your earliest solution.

Thanks

• Domenic 42 posts 128 karma points
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 19:42
    Domenic

Hello and welcome to our.

I think you will find a website is a project in VS?

You can change your build from debug to release in configuration manager.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 21:15
    Nicholas Westby

You are correct, there are two ways of creating "websites" in Visual Studio. One is to create a "New Website" and one is to create a new "Web Application". The latter is what you want. When you go to File > New Project, you'll want to select this:

Web Application

Getting all your files from your website in to that web application will be a bit of a pain. I'd start by installing Umbraco into that project using NuGet. Once you've done that, then you can start migrating things over manually (copying files and such) and it'll be a bit easier.

Feb 15, 2018 @ 03:03
    Ajju

Thank you Nicholas with Screenshots.

I ll install again as a project and follow your steps.

Feb 15, 2018 @ 04:58
    Ajju

Mr. Nicho,

I have created one project in VS and installed Umbraco freshly, then transferred the website folders to the Project

I am thrown errors when I bulid the solution, most of the errors are about Duplicate.

enter image description here

• Manjunatha Govindappa 20 posts 119 karma points
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 04:40
    Manjunatha Govindappa

From Visual studio create a Empty project and using Nuget Manger add the Umbraco CMS package, this is the easiest way for Creating Umbraco project

Feb 15, 2018 @ 05:01
    Ajju

Mr. Manju,

Earlier I created as New Website in Visual Studio and I am having problem with namespace.

As per received advice, I have installed Umbraco and transferred the files, where I am thrown errors while building.

Is that ok to proceed or to be fixed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft