Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jake 7 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 14:34
    Jake

Flexible load balancing publishing takes too long to update content on front-end servers

Hey everyone, I have recently upgraded from 7.2.6 to 7.5.14 and set up a flexible load balancing. The published content is updating but it takes way too long to update on front-end servers. Just wanted to ask here if anyone have any recommendations or experienced similar behavior when using flexible load balancing as explained in Steps section below:

Setup:

• Umbraco 7.5.14
    • Flexible load balancing
    • 1 master scheduling server
    • 2 slave front-end servers, No file replication, I have followed flexible load balancing guide and configured an explicit master scheduling server (https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/server-setup/load-balancing/flexible-advanced#explicit-master-scheduling-server)
    • I have left the umbracoApplicationUrl empty
    • I’m not on Azure
    • There are no entries added to umbracoServer table
    • I can access the two front-end servers separately to check for content change

Steps:

• Publish an item on the CMS master server
    • Instruction is added to cache instructions table immediately
    • About a 30-40 seconds later the last synced.txt file id is updated on the master server
    • About 3 minutes later, on one of the slave servers the Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive kicks in shortly followed by the DatabaseServerMessenger - Syncing from database... and the lastsynced id is updated.
    • About 2 minutes later the DatabaseServerMessenger - Syncing from database... kicks in on the second front-end server and the last synced id is updated to the latest one.

I can confirm that the master and slave servers are set correctly by a log message on slave servers - Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - Does not run on slave servers.

Thanks a lot!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft