Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 10:05
    Jeroen Breuer

Empty content tree in Umbraco 7.7

Hello,

After upgrading our website from Umbraco 7.5 to 7.7 some of our users are complaining that they have an empty content tree. No start node is set. Anyone had this before?

enter image description here

It can be fixed by setting the start nodes to the root, but we have over 130 users in the system.

Jeroen

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 18:49
    Marcio Goularte

This error happened to me with custom sections.

I accessed the url of users (/umbraco#/users) directly in the browser and uncheck, save and re-mark the custom section in users where it was marked.

If that's your problem.

UPDATE

Access the browser console (F12) Must have some related error. My case was from Umbraco API GetSections. That also gave you trouble loading the content tree

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 19:13
    Ben Palmer

Hi Jeroen,

Marcio' suggestion to check the browser inspector (network panel specifically) is good.

I'm wondering if this is to do with the new user system in 7.7 - instead of going through each user, you could maybe reset the starting node on the user group instead. Bit of a guess but hopefully it helps if Jeroen's answer doesn't.

• Leo Pangan 5 posts 94 karma points
    Nov 26, 2017 @ 23:24
    Leo Pangan

There may be new groups created from the migration. Try logging in as an administrator, then set the start node (content & media) on each group

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2017 @ 15:01
    Jeroen Breuer

Thanks for the tips. I've checked the groups and there are over a 100 groups (also have over a 100 users) that have been migrated. Should I set the start node for each of these groups?

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft