Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Veronica Burd 7 posts 118 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 15:12
    Veronica Burd

User Group permissions on child nodes

Hi,

I have a site running on 7.7.3 upgraded from 7.6.9. I removed all the default user groups created by the Umbraco migration process, and re-created them with more meaningful names. Here's a screenshot of the permissions I gave the group.

User Group - Bills Committee Clerk

The documents have the same name but are under different nodes so have unique paths. i.e. one is /12thleg/Consideration of Bills Committee and the other is /13thleg/Consideration of Bills Committee.

Both of these documents have child nodes that existed prior to the upgrade. I've found that the users in the group cannot update any of the child nodes under those two documents. The only buttons they see are 'Return to List' and 'Preview' as below.

Permission problems

By default, the group also has browse rights across the whole content and media trees.

How do I give my users rights to child nodes under a document?

TIA

Ver

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 20:39
    Matthew Kirschner

I've run into this issue.

Before the big users update, we could add granular permissions to nodes and have their children inherit them. Now, we have to target nodes individually, which is simply not an option when a node has hundreds of descendants.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 21:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Matthew,

I can see that you have created this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10894 #H5YR

Have a nice Friday and weekend.

Best,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft