Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Coulson 61 posts 143 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 13:21
    Jeremy Coulson

Umbraco 404 page is actually a 302 redirect on some nodes

Within our Umbraco installation, we have several sites. These sites were built by a vendor, so there are some things going on we don't necessarily understand. We're having trouble with handling 404 pages. On one of our sites, if I request oursite.com/badpage, I see the 404 page displayed and my browser's console shows me that badpage was returned with a 404 status code. I think this is the correct behavior. On all of the other sites, however, I see that badpage was given a 302 redirect to our 404 page and then the 404 page was given a 404 status. This is not what we want. We need badpage to return a 404 status and have that be the end. For the life of me, I can't find any place in our code (including Web.config and umbracoSettings.config) or our back office where there's a condition specifying a different handling of 404 based on the site.

I've also checked out our web server and I don't see anything relevant in IIS.

Is there something else we haven't thought of? Is there a specific place to look in the code that we may have missed?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 12, 2017 @ 08:33
    Steve Morgan

Is there a base controller hijacking the routes? I've seen people trap 404s there before?

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft