Imagine being paid to improve your favorite CMS!

It could be you! Umbraco HQ are hiring and are looking for both talents and senior developers. Wonderful workplace, friendly colleagues and competitive salary.

Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stief Dirckx 39 posts 71 karma points
    Aug 10, 2017 @ 12:53
    Stief Dirckx

Backoffice no longer localized after upgrade to 7.6.5

After upgrading from Umbraco 7.5.12 to 7.6.5 the backoffice is no longer localized. All texts are between square brackets now (see screenshot).

My web.config hasn't changed and still has:

<add key="umbracoDefaultUILanguage" value="en" />

The user that is logged in has it's language set to English (United Kingdom) and in the database it's 'en-GB'.

All language files in /Umbraco/Config/Lang/ are present.

But in the log I see this returning several times:

2017-08-10 14:03:36,090 [P17464/D2/T67] WARN Umbraco.Core.Services.LocalizedTextService - The culture specified nl-BE was not found in any configured sources for this service

But I have no idea why it's trying to use 'nl-BE' as the backoffice language. My site is partly in Dutch but I don't see what this has got to do with the backoffice.

What could be the reason for the backoffice trying to use nl-BE as the backoffice language?

Screenhot

• Manjunatha Govindappa 18 posts 86 karma points
    Aug 11, 2017 @ 04:10
    Manjunatha Govindappa

check language set for your umbraco user

• Stief Dirckx 39 posts 71 karma points
    Aug 11, 2017 @ 18:13
    Stief Dirckx

@Manjunatha Thanks for the tip, but like I said in my initial post the Umbraco user was set to English (United Kingdom) and the database record has the proper value 'en-GB'.

I also tried changing the language for the user to Danish and that showed me something strange. Some parts of the backoffice are translated to Danish but others are not (see screenshot). While the log file still shows the same error that the LocalizedTextService tries to find translations for 'nl-BE'.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft