Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John ben 78 posts 293 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 11:21
    John ben

Hi. After i finished my project with umbraco( used archtype for some of my content), my client told me he want to add 2other langages, so i m a little confused of what to do, do i have to change all my datatype with content using Vorto or copie all content of my backoffice and add a newone with a new culture but if i do that i will have a problem when i m browsing my website , anyway some tips would really be appreciated.

• Eric Petersson 32 posts 116 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:08
    Eric Petersson

Hi, John

Have you set the culture to the specific language from the backoffice? If I remember correctly I think you need to specify this for Vorto to work properly.

Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:10
    John ben

yess i have done it , but i just want to know which method should i use is Vorto the best solution , am i obliged to change all my datatypes so they can u vorto + changing my code ?

• Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:28
    Martijn Duizendstra

Depends on what your client wants also. Does he require translators to work in Umbraco through some kind of translation workflow? Or won't there be many changes?

Regarding your question...

You can either duplicate the content tree, set a new culture and modify your front-end to support the other languages.

Or you keep the existing content tree and you install Vorto which acts as a wrapper arround your content. But then you would have to modify all of your your data-types at least... and you might even need to create new data-types and add those to your doctypes to keep the old content intact, because probably it will disappear if you modify a data-type (not sure about this).

Good luck with your client man... hopefully next time they let you know they want multi languages before you start a project.

Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:32
    John ben

Thanks, yeah i think the best way for me is to duplicate content tree thanks for the tip Best regards.

• Martijn Duizendstra 18 posts 113 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:51
    Martijn Duizendstra

It's not the cleanest way... but probably the cheapest.

Good luck man!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft