Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 25 posts 112 karma points
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 13:11
    Tim

7.6.3 Native components of SQL Server Compact engine are not loaded.

I have created 12 different websites in the past 12 months on this machine and my home machine with no issues.

Today I have downloaded a new copy of 7.6.3, unzipped it, fired it up in Visual Studio 2015 and I make it to where the installer attempts to create the database and it fails with native components can't be found.

I've removed SQL Server CE 4.0 from my machine, installed SQL Server CE 4 SP1, installed SQL Server CE 3.5 SP2 (is on my home machine) and I cannot get an instance of Umbraco 7.6.3 fired up.

Visual Studio Error

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException' occurred in System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

Additional information: Native components of SQL Server Compact engine are not loaded. Please reinstall Microsoft SQL Server Compact.

Page error

Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8902. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8902. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.

So I went to that KB article and it's saying to ensure you have the right version, well according to the web.config the right version is 4.0....and I have it.

What am I missing?

Jun 06, 2017 @ 13:56
    Tim

I even manually copied the Native components over, still no go.

• Prisha 16 posts 86 karma points
    Jun 07, 2017 @ 00:48
    Prisha

I am having a same problem while upgrading from 7.4.3 to 7.5.0 and I cannot get an instance of Umbraco 7.5.0 fired up. Additional information in my case is that, I took copy of 7.4.3 from my production server (Window Server 2012).

Jun 07, 2017 @ 16:45
    Tim

Still nothing, I got my project to work on my laptop at work, commited it all, pulled it down to my desktop and now I get the same error, I've compared DLL file versions and installed SQL Server Compact versions and the machines are identical.

• Prisha 16 posts 86 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 00:13
    Prisha

are you using nuGet?

Jun 08, 2017 @ 12:18
    Tim

I've tried both methods, Nuget AND downloading the zip. I finally got it working (Via the downloaded Zip) but all I did was Uninstall SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 x64 on each machine and reinstalled it by downloading it from Microsoft.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft