Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmed 31 posts 132 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 07:37
    Ahmed

Hi

I have created a website using Umbraco CMS and now want to deploy it. I have created a sub domain and database for it. Using SQL management system, when I try to login to that database 'login failed for this user' error appears. enter image description here

I have also generated scripts of database file connecting to sql management database locally and used that database by changing connection string. It works. But whenever I tried to login to Server db this above mentioned error appears.

Any help would be appreciated. P.S : I am new to Umbraco and web development.

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 10:36
    Craig Mayers

Hi Ahmed,

Your credentials must be different?? Double check spelling and letter casing.

Also is this your own server OR a hosted solution?

Regards

Craig

• Ahmed 31 posts 132 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 10:42
    Ahmed

Thanks for reply,

I have double check the spellings.

This is hosted solution. Thing is if I access other database (which are created for other domains), they are accessable with their respective username and passwords. I don't know what I am missing

• Mats Stam 61 posts 210 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:19
    Mats Stam

First off, you need to allow your IP in your firewall settings.

If you've already done that (which I guess you have), you need to when connecting to the database through sql management studio, the last step is to click the "options >>" button. There you fill in your database name. Otherwise it will try to connect to the master DB, and that you do not have access too :)

Fill in the highlighted field.

Fill in the highlighted field with your db name (you'll find that with your other info for your DB).

Hope this helps :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft