Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Trusha Savsani 15 posts 94 karma points
    May 31, 2017 @ 06:11
    Trusha Savsani

Do Umbraco has plugin for search from database?

Hi,

I want to give search functionality to my project. I found many search plugins of Umbraco like Examine, Full Text search, etc.

But all are searching from page content not from database.

I want a search tool which can search from all the tables of database(I have MySQL database).

Do Umbraco has such type of plugin? Please let me know if any configurations are required.

As I have to complete my project in very few days, it will be really helpful to me if anyone guide me for the same.

Thanks in advance to give your precious time.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2017 @ 08:21
    Ismail Mayat

Trusha,

Do you mean you want to search on non umbraco database tables? If so then you can use examine and the following package which will index you database tables for you https://github.com/rsoeteman/ExamineDB

Regards

Ismail

• Trusha Savsani 15 posts 94 karma points
    May 31, 2017 @ 10:35
    Trusha Savsani

Hi Ismail,

Thanks for your quick reply.

There is some writing mistake from my side. I am using MsSql and not MySql.

I want to search data from all the tables of MsSql database.

Currently while using the Fulltextsearch umbraco add-on, I can search using it but the thing is it just give me search result back from existing page title of my Umbraco instance, I am unable to search the keywords from the contents of the pages such as If I want to search a keyword that is there in the page content, I am unable to search it through search box by Fulltextsearch.

I have tried removing indexed files and re-indexing it again.

Any prompt help in this matter will surely help Regards,

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 31, 2017 @ 11:14
    Ismail Mayat

trusha,

You do not need to index the db. I would post help on fulltext search forum looks like you need to update some config files so that the fields you want are indexed and are searchable.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft