Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Jadwisiak 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 17:08
    Matthew Jadwisiak

Map won't display on my Text pages

Hi all!

I'm just starting with Umbraco, but I've played around with it enough to be dangerous. I've got a question.. I can load a google map in all of my pages.. but it only displays on the HOME page...

I use Terratype and have allowed it on all document types.

On the Umbraco backend content editor.. I can add a map into both Text document types and Home docutment types.. and the map shows up in the editing interface.. but when I look at the actual website.. it won't display on my text page? I'm assuming this has to be CSS issue?? Home Page Editor

Home Page Live

Text Page Editor

Text Page Live

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2017 @ 20:12
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Matthew

If a source code of the pages is the same, then it's css. DIV that contains map should be "display: block" and have a size.

Thanks,

Alex

May 18, 2017 @ 20:22
    Matthew Jadwisiak

Yeah but I can't tell what's tripping it up.. My assumption is it's bootstrap? But the same CSS applies to both pages..

May 18, 2017 @ 20:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Do you have some js errors in the browser log?

Can you check please the all init functions called as needed?

May 18, 2017 @ 20:25
    Alex Skrypnyk

Some ideas how it can be fixed if it's css - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6930839/google-maps-not-showing

• Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    May 21, 2017 @ 01:02
    Jonathan Richards

Hi Matthew

I have just replicated the steps you mention and yes, Terratype does appear for me also on the Fanoe home page but not when using Grid TextPage.

As the creator of Terratype, I do consider this a bug, so thank you for raising this. Could I ask, if you ever find a bug on Terratype again, could you post it on the Terratype bug page, its just I get an email alert whenever anyone posts there, so I can respond quickly.

Cheers for this, and I will post an update on this thread when I have an answer... to be honest it will require a code change my end.

Jonathan

EDIT: I should have made it clear, I do know what is causing the issue, its with some Terratype Javascript code that thinks the map needs to be hidden, as its thinks its not visible... obviously the code is wrong.

• Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    May 21, 2017 @ 15:58
    Jonathan Richards

Hi Matthew

Update as promised.

I have now released a new version of Terratype 1.0.13, that should solve your issue. Please download or update using nuget as you would normally.

Cheers

Jonathan

May 26, 2017 @ 17:46
    Matthew Jadwisiak

Thanks Jonathan! It works very well now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft