Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rozelle Elson 10 posts 100 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 15:22
    Rozelle Elson

add datatypes to content section on grid layout

Hi

How can I add a datatype that I created into the choose content/insert control section on a grid layout , as per below imageenter image description here

I would like to add a datatype into this section so I can display it on a grid .

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    May 17, 2017 @ 15:29
    Rune Hem Strand

Hi Rozelle

Grid Editors are not based on datatypes. If you want to add your own you can read more about it in Grid Layout the documentation. Specifically under Grid Editors and Build your own Grid Editor

If you do want to use datatypes/doctypes you could have a look at the Doc Type Grid Editor package. Alternatively, Le blender might be what you're looking for.

Hope that helps

/rune

• Rhys Mitchell 28 posts 195 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 15:32
    Rhys Mitchell

Hi Rozelle,

There's Umbraco Documentation on this over here. After following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you will have a new property to add to your Grid Layout.

You "can" avoid using Angular altogether by making use of a great package called LeBlender.

Not quite the same thing, but there's some good documentation here as well for creating property editors. They are mostly the same in their make-up, so you should find plenty of take-away's from those articles.

May 17, 2017 @ 15:41
    Rozelle Elson

Hi Rune

Thank you for your help . I will have a look at that and see what I can do , I think the LeBlender package looks like a good option

Thanks Roz

May 19, 2017 @ 14:36
    Rozelle Elson

Hi

I have installed LeBlender and have created some grid editors such as a carousel , by following the videos but when it displays on the page , I get the following error message , can you help with this ?

The partial view '/views/partials/grid/editors/Carousel.cshtml' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched: /views/partials/grid/editors/Carousel.cshtml

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 22:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rozelle

I think you have to create '/views/partials/grid/editors/Carousel.cshtml' and do some razor coding for make it works. Look please for LeBlender documentation, there is some example how to render data in Razor.

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft