Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Apr 05, 2017 @ 10:14
    Nathan Woulfe

Advanced image properties in TinyMce

In previous versions of Umbraco, the RTE included a dialog for editing image options - things like height, width, padding, alignment etc.

This is gone in v7.

While the TinyMCE plugins are shipped with Umbraco, I think the image-related ones aren't useable due to the toolbar being configured to open the Umbraco mediapicker rather than the TinyMCE image picker.

Is there any way to easily restore these options, without having to write a new media picker?

I'm thinking I'd take the existing media picker, extend it to include additional fields, and drop it into the umbraco/lib/tinymce/plugins folder. Which feels really dirty. Or use the tinyMceConfig to set a custom config value pointing to somewhere in app_plugins, to load the plugin from there...

Any ideas?

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 09:44
    Paul de Quant

Hi Nathan,

Did you ever find out how to restore this functionality?

Thanks Paul

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Feb 28, 2018 @ 21:13
    Nathan Woulfe

Unfortunately not. We encourage our users not to add images in the RTE, but have put some additional CSS in place to make sure any images render acceptably. Does the trick.

Hoping too the upgraded version of TinyMCE in 7.8 might resolve this, haven't had a chance to check yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft