Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graeme W 113 posts 289 karma points
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 08:49
    Graeme W

Page gone missing from content tree and won't publish

We have a page "gone missing" from the website and content tree in the back office . It can be found when searching in the back office where it is shown as unpublished and it can be previewed. But it still doesn't show in the content tree so can't roll back to a previous version or see audit trail

When you attempt to publish the page a message box pops up at the bottom right of the screen saying it can't be published because "these properties did not pass validation rules:" - but no properties are listed! Looks like the page has got corrupted somehow.

I could recreate the page and copy and paste from old to new, but was wondering if anyone knows another way round this?

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 09:03
    Dennis Adolfi

Wow, it sounds like this node/page has gotten really corrupted somehow. I've never heard or seen this before, sounds really strange.

I guess since it's just one page, the easiest would be to just recreate it and copy the information like you mentioned. However if it happens again then it's a problem that should probobly be reported in http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard toghether with the version number you are using.

Could it be related to this issue? http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8374

Also, try to rebuild all your Examine indexes in the Developer tab, not sure if that will help but wouldn't hurt at least.

Best of luck to you!

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 12:38
    Micha Somers

A suddenly disappearing node without any (accidental) change at all, should not happen ....

So hopefully something happened that might explain it...

I am not familiar with Umbraco 6, but the error message 'these properties did not pass validation rules' can have several causes.

Things to check:

• did someone change a property of the Document Type or an inherited Document Type (eg. a property has been made mandatory, or now needs validation)?

• is "Unpublish at" date of the node set to a date in the past?

• has the page been deleted (but still available in trashbin), or has it been copied from a deleted page (= issue Dennis mentioned: U4-8374)?

Best regards,

Micha

• Graeme W 113 posts 289 karma points
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 15:36
    Graeme W

Thanks Micha - it was in the recycle bin. However I've now got a different problem...

I've moved it back to its orginal location and published but the link doesn't work. I get a message "page not found It may have been moved or deleted. HTTP ERROR 410"

The page appears in a list of automatically generated (with Razor) links in its parent page so part of Umbraco thinks it's published

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft