Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charlie 14 posts 95 karma points
    Mar 28, 2017 @ 18:33
    Charlie

Changing the name of Umbraco

Hi all,

I am new to Umbraco and trying to set up my first site. I am having some weird setup issues and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I need the CMS to use the URL /siteadmin/ not /umbraco/ This part is working. I updated my web.config to and changed the folder name from Umbraco to Siteadmin. For some reason it creates another Umbraco folder that is just a duplicate of siteadmin, not really sure why it is doing that but, I don't think that is where my problem is.

My issue is that when I go to save a style sheet in the editor I am getting this a 404 error, it says it is trying to reach /siteadmin/umbraco/siteadmin/settings/stylesheet/editStylesheet.aspx the path it should be looking at is /siteadmin/settings/stylesheet/editStylesheet.aspx which I verified is valid. I do my editing in Visual Studio I am just creating these pages and writing a comment in the editor itself.

So my question is did I set up the project wrong? was there something else I need to do to get /siteadmin/ fully setup to be the CMS URL?

Thanks in advance,

-Charlie

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 28, 2017 @ 19:34
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Charlie

Personally I have never tried changing the URL, but I did find this post which may be of use.

http://jondjones.com/learn-umbraco-cms/umbraco-developers-guide/umbraco-troubleshooting/how-to-change-the-umbraco-7-admin-url

In theory it seems straight forward, but wondering if you updated both settings as described in the above link.

Cheers, Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft