Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaeda 117 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 12:54
    aaeda

Hello

I want to create a custom search using Examine. I am using Umbraco 7.2.5. But the index is not building at all. I have retried rebuilding, but nothing. The document count still is zero,

Documents in index 0 Fields in index 0 Has deletions? false (0) Optimized? false

Anyone encounter similar issue?

Regards, Aaeda

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 13:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

How did you build your index?

Can you show some code how did you add documents to index?

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 22, 2017 @ 13:31
    aaeda

Hello Alex

In developer's section 'Examine Management', there is a button 'Rebuild index'. But nothing happens after doing that. To add the custom index, I have modified the ExamineIndex and ExamineSettings files as follows:

**ExamineIndex

*ExamineSettings

<add name="ContenSearchIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
      supportUnpublished="false"
      supportProtected="true"
      interval="10"
      analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"
      indexSet="ContentSearch"/>

<add name="ExternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" />

<add name="InternalMemberSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcard="true"/>

<add name="ContentSearchSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" indexSet="ContentSearch" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>

</providers>

Is there something else that should be done?

Thanks Regards A

Mar 22, 2017 @ 13:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

It looks like you need to add IndexSet to 'ExamineIndex.config', for example:

<IndexSet SetName="InternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/Internal/"/>

The most import part of this section is that the IndexSet' property matches your index name that was defined in the ExamineIndexProviders.

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 22, 2017 @ 16:35
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

Did you find out what is the issue?

Thanks

Alex

Mar 23, 2017 @ 06:55
    aaeda

Hello Alex

Yes I added this (please see below). It seems the code i copied got cut off. But it is still not indexing.

<IndexSet SetName="ContentSearch" IndexPath="~/App_Data/ExamineIndexes/MySearch/"> <IndexAttributeFields> <add Name="id" /> <add Name="nodeName"/> <add Name="parentID"/> <add Name="updateDate" /> <add Name="writerName" /> <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" /> </IndexAttributeFields> <IndexUserFields> <add Name="villasType"/> <add Name="Floors"/> <add Name="noOfBedrooms"/> <add Name="priceRange"/> <add Name="plotSize"/> </IndexUserFields> <IncludeNodeTypes> <add Name="VillasResale" /> </IncludeNodeTypes> </IndexSet>

Mar 23, 2017 @ 12:51
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

Can you check access your site to "~/App_Data/ExamineIndexes/MySearch" folder?

Do you have some errors in log?

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 24, 2017 @ 07:00
    aaeda

Hello Alex

Please see blow the files that are in the folder. There are no error messages in the logs.

enter image description here

Thanks Aaeda

Mar 24, 2017 @ 11:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi

It looks like index was created, but why you can't find any results.

Did you insert right fields to index?

By the way, index files are really small, looks like data isn't right for indexing, do you have huge site?

Thanks,

Alex

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2017 @ 11:39
    Ismail Mayat

Aaeeda,

Can you try publishing just one item of type VillasResale then goto examine dashboard and see if it ends up in the index.

Regards

Ismail

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Mar 25, 2017 @ 16:44
    Yakov Lebski

Also verify naming convention

IndexSet - in ExamineIndex.config need has IndexSet suffix like MySearchIndexSet

Searcher - in ExamineSettings.config need has Searcher suffix like MySearchSearcher

Indexer- in ExamineSettings.config need has Indexer suffix like MySearchIndexer

Mar 27, 2017 @ 09:32
    aaeda

thanks everyone for the replies. I will try the solutions mentioned and keep you informed.

Thanks Aaeda

Mar 27, 2017 @ 10:47
    aaeda

hello

@Alex: I have checked all the fields and they are correct. I even tried with only one field, but when I click on the 'Rebuild index' button in Examine Management, it just loads and stops and the values remains 0 for all files. The website is not that huge.

@Ismail: I have tried publishing one item type as suggested but still nothing.

@Yakov: The naming convention seems to be fine too.

Regards Aaeda

Mar 27, 2017 @ 11:23
    Yakov Lebski

Can you share ExamineIndex.config and ExamineSettings.config ?

If you remove IncludeNodeTypes section it's also display 0 documents ?

Mar 27, 2017 @ 13:05
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

Really strange, maybe something with Umbraco installation?

What version of Umbraco? What about other Examine indexes? Are they working?

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 28, 2017 @ 05:25
    aaeda

Hi Alex

Yes its very weird. The umbraco version is 7.2.5. Yes the other indexes are working for example InternalIndex or ExternalIndex.

@Yakov: Please find below the config files. Yes it still display 0 documents even if I remove IncludeNodeTypes.

<IndexSet SetName="ContentSearch" IndexPath="~/App_Data/ExamineIndexes/MySearch/">
    <IndexAttributeFields>
      <add Name="id" />
      <add Name="nodeName"/>
      <add Name="parentID"/>
      <add Name="updateDate" />
      <add Name="writerName" />
      <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" />
    </IndexAttributeFields>
    <IndexUserFields>
      <add Name="villasType"/>
      <add Name="floors"/>
      <add Name="noOfBedrooms"/>
      <add Name="priceRange"/>
      <add Name="plotSize"/>
    </IndexUserFields>

ExamineSettings:

<Examine>

<add name="InternalMemberIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
           supportUnpublished="true"
           supportProtected="true"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

<!-- default external indexer, which excludes protected and unpublished pages-->
        <add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"/>

<add name="ContenSearchIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
      supportProtected="true"
      interval="10"
      indexSet="ContentSearch"/>

</providers>

<add name="ExternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" />

<add name="InternalMemberSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcard="true"/>

<add name="ContentSearchSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" indexSet="ContentSearch" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>

</providers>

Mar 28, 2017 @ 05:43
    Yakov Lebski

I still think that it name convetion

Should Be

<IndexSet SetName="ContentSearchIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/ExamineIndexes/MySearch/">

Indexer:

<add name="ContentSearchIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
          supportProtected="true"
          interval="10"
    />

Searcher:

<add name="ContentSearchSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>

Mar 28, 2017 @ 06:17
    aaeda

Hello Everyone

It finally worked. I deleted the index and add it again from scratch. It now seems to be indexing correctly.

Thanks Regards Aaeda

Apr 02, 2017 @ 16:22
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Aaeda

Did you find any difference with config files that you had before?

Any thoughts why it didn't work?

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft