Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fahad Ayub 71 posts 238 karma points
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 12:55
    Fahad Ayub

Hi, Just a quick question about using Umbraco with pure MVC. I was wondering is it possible to create website where pages like Home , contact us , who we are and other contect pages can be created in Umbraco so user can update these pages. And pages like shopping cart, product listing,checkout etc can be created in pure MVC (independent of Umbraco) as user wont change these pages, all the data can be extracted from database using MVC.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 13:07
    David Peck

Hi Fahad,

Yes that's fine. You'll probably find that if you create an appropriately named controller then it will just work. You may have to exclude you paths using the AppString umbracoReservedPaths, but I suspect you don't even need to do that.

• Fahad Ayub 71 posts 238 karma points
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 15:22
    Fahad Ayub

Hi David, Thanks for your response. Do you think this is the right way to do need your suggestion? I feel more comfortable using pure MVC also in my online store section there is hardly any content management. I have seen few ecom solution for Umbraco but I decided to write my own as it will give me more flexiablity interm of integration with back office and ERP system.

Thanks

• Ritesh 11 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 13:11
    Ritesh

Hi Fahad,

Not sure but just a thought. In this case you can try creating Two sites.

One usingUmbraco with Its admin and database - Home, About, etc. Second with MVC with Its own framework and Database.

While hostingthis sites, host Umbraco as parent site and MVC site as sub directory.

So Url can be Home - www.myumbracosite.com. MVC site - Shopping cart - www.myumbracosite.com/shopping

Regards, Ritesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft