Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Hartmann 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 08:34
    Thomas Hartmann

Having to start and stop debug, then run without debugging to see any changes: Visual Studio debugging issues

Apologies if this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything with a (admittedly quick) little search for it. I'm having some issues using Umbraco and Visual Studio. To use Umbraco/preview the site etc. I have to run the solution (without debug). This works, but any edits I make to the .cshtml files will not show up until I either close and reopen VS or start debug, stop debug, and then run without debug. The interesting thing is, the code updates, as evidenced by the errors I was getting: The error messages kept showing me an expression in Line 9 could bot be null, even after I had removed that line and any Razor in the new line 9. So to be clear, the code updated, and the little snippet you get presented with changed according to my changes, but the error message stayed the exact same, seemingly uninterested in any changes I'd made.

Previously, running in debug mode gave me the error message that the the view found at '~/views/LandingPage.cshtml' was not created, but it'd work just fine without debugging. As of right now, this has switched right round, and debugging works, but not debugging doesn't.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running VS on a virtual machine on my macOS system, but working in the Mac's browser. While admittedly a tad slow to load, it is still quicker than working in the virtual browser. However, these errors seem to persist even in the VM's native browser.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft