Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik Vincent 122 posts 616 karma points
    Feb 21, 2017 @ 16:44
    Henrik Vincent

Bootstrap Sass in Umbraco

Hi there

I've been struggling the last couple of days, trying to get Bootstrap Sass up n running in Umbraco.

I'm using Optimus for processing the .scss files, but I can't seem to get all files verified.

I'm guessing the reason is, that I can't verify all files at once, and therefore functions and mixins can't be detected by some of the other .scss files.

Has anyone made Bootstrap Sass work in Umbraco and if yes, please enlighten me, cus I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Best

Henrik

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 16:42
    Matthew Kirschner

Have you tried installing a SASS version of Bootstrap using Nuget?

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Twitter.Bootstrap.Sass/

I think it's the easiest way of getting the library in your solution.

• Henrik Vincent 122 posts 616 karma points
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 09:41
    Henrik Vincent

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your reply.

No i hadn't, since I haven't really worked with VS and NuGet before.

But yesterday I sat down and tried installing everything (Umbraco and Bootstrap) through NuGet in VS, and installer the Web Compiler (think this is what it was called) addon in VS, to process the Sass, and I got it working.

I can't access the stylesheets through the Umbraco Backoffice this way though, but that doesn't matter that much.

Thanks alot for suggesting this approach. Really opened my eyes to how useful the tools in VS really is, since I've always worked in Sublime, Brackets and the Umbraco Backoffice.

Best

Henrik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft