Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter 7 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 19, 2017 @ 21:01
    Peter

Error saving and parsing XSLT file

I'm having problems trying to save and parse XSLT files on my umbraco v 4.7.2 website. The error suddenly appeared without making any changes to the website or config etc.

I have used a lot of hours to try to fix it, but I haven't found a solution.

When I'm trying to save the XSLT-file inside the CMS-system, I get the following error:

URL: http://www.[website].dk/umbraco/create.aspx?nodeId=init&nodeType=initxslt&nodeName=XSLT Files&rnd=88.1&rndo=88.1

Source: System.Web
    Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Inner Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
       at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__0()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
       at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
       at umbraco.macro.AddXsltExtensionsToHeader(String xslt)
       at umbraco.XsltTasks.Save()
       at umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text)
       at umbraco.presentation.create.xslt.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.umbraco_create_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in d:\aspnettemp\v4.0\root\f4e95001\eb47b827\App_Web_create.aspx.5f2dec3.eiakudqp.0.cs:line 0
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Can anyone help, please?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Feb 19, 2017 @ 21:07
    Nigel Wilson

At worst there is a tick box to override the checking / validation when saving.

If you believe the code is correct then you could try this.

HTH

Nigel

Feb 19, 2017 @ 21:19
    Peter

I tried the tick box. It is now saving the file, but still not able to parse the file.

If I try to create a new XSLT file, the error also occours:

enter image description here

Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Inner Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() at umbraco.macro.

Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.umbracocreateaspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in d:\aspnettemp\v4.0\root\f4e95001\eb47b827\AppWebcreate.aspx.5f2dec3.eiakudqp.0.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Feb 19, 2017 @ 21:26
    Nigel Wilson

Hey

Possible server caching issue given the error.

Might be worth trying to change the client dependency number in the umbracosetting.config (4.7.2 is quite old so not 100% sure of exact location of the setting).

Nigel

Feb 19, 2017 @ 21:55
    Peter

Hi again,

I tried to change ClientDependency.config from:

<clientDependency version="1">

to:

<clientDependency version="2">

No luck :-(

Do you have any other ideas?

Feb 19, 2017 @ 22:05
    Nigel Wilson

Do you have a test copy of the site ? If so do you get the same issue ?

Can you download a copy of 4.7.2 files and re-upload them (umbraco and umbraco client folders).

Feb 19, 2017 @ 22:41
    Peter

Yes, I have downloaded the site to a local test site and the problem still exists i that environment :-(

? Download a copy of 4.7.2 files and re-upload them ? How should that help?

Feb 19, 2017 @ 22:44
    Peter

Sorry I think I understand what you mean now.

The 4.7.2 version is not avalible for download at https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/, so it is not possible to download the original files...

Do you know of any other place to download the zip-package?

Feb 19, 2017 @ 22:48
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 16:52
    Peter

Took me some minutes to figure out the nuget-idea and just renamed to zip and extracted the umbraco and umbraco client folders.

I have not overwritten the files, but it didn't help at all - still the same errors. I have checked the web.config file for diff from older backups, but nothing to see.

Do you have any other ideas to solve this crazy error?

Feb 23, 2017 @ 12:13
    Peter

After several hours i found the solution. I deleted the recaptcha.dll file placed in the BIN folder and the XSLT rendering just started working again.

Some years ago I added the recaptcha.dll in the BIN folder to use Google reCAPTCHA v.1. Now several years later, it suddently became a problem for saving and rendering XSLT-files.

Feb 23, 2017 @ 22:08
    Nigel Wilson

Nice one on finding the issue - nothing worse tho than not knowing why...

Upward / onward

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft