Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• daniel 13 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 19:30
    daniel

Image not coming through when sharing through social media

I have a share link on my posts and I expect that when a user goes to click on say share through linkedIn, it opens up a new window in LinkedIn, with the post and the ability to share it. However, the image is not showing in the post. I can verify that I do have the image in Umbraco and my cshtml looks something like

<div class="addthis_custom_sharing" data-url="@umbraco.library.NiceUrlWithDomain(Model.Id)" data-title="@Model.PageTitle" data-media="@[email protected](propertyAlias: "postImage")">

@HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host is Localhost and

@Model.GetCropUrl(propertyAlias: "postImage")   

is

"/media/9363/bizprocredesigncol1165880125171999x614.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&rnd=131316469810000000"

yet my image still does not appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 20:08
    Morten Bock

Social sites can't reach your localhost, so you can't test social sharing on a local hostname.

You can use something like ngrok to allow temporary external access to your local machine.

• daniel 13 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 20:26
    daniel

thank you, Joshua Stewart comment saying

"According to AddThis only Facebook and Pinterest support the data-media – http://www.addthis.com/academy/setting-the-url-title-to-share/"

I do not see his comment anymore on here, but after trying with the Facebook share, I do see the image coming through which leads me to believe that Linkedin is indeed where the issue lies.

thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft